Midlands (west) Meets

Arrkon

Back in a "B"
Staff member
Regional Rep
Reaction score
Afternoon all.

As its coming to the start of a new year, I thought id find out what you all fancied for the coming years meets?

My thoughts are to either set up a regular meet for us (weekly, fortnightly, or monthly) and choose a mutual location for said meet.

Or tag onto an existing meet, as we have been.

Let me know your thoughts.

Rob

(on a side note, a new place for DIY servicing has opened up in coventry, not been over and checked it out yet, but once i have, i will report back. www.rampandwrench.co.uk )

Well thats what I want to find out. Find a mutually convenient location. I suspect it will be either Coventry or the southern side of brum though (judging by the previous attendee's)

(on a side note, a new place for DIY servicing has opened up in coventry, not been over and checked it out yet, but once i have, i will report back. www.rampandwrench.co.uk )

Just been over, had a "tour" and booked mine in for friday to do the CV's and have a general poke about underneath to see what else may need doing. Looks a good place, only two ramps but he's quiet for now until word spreads a bit more, cheaply priced, decent clean workshop. definately worth a look :icon_thumright:

I'd be up for it bud, I'm Coventry based so would prefer to stay within city limits if given the option

No local interest for a meet?

I've been working every day since boxing day last year mate, so kinda busy, would love to join up with you on Friday at said workshop if I'm free, where abouts in Cov is it Rob?

It's going to be a couple more weeks at least before I have a Wednesday evening free to make it for a Cov Dub meet.

I've been working every day since boxing day last year mate, so kinda busy, would love to join up with you on Friday at said workshop if I'm free, where abouts in Cov is it Rob?

It's going to be a couple more weeks at least before I have a Wednesday evening free to make it for a Cov Dub meet.

I'm game for that. Be good to see you mate :)

It's in the industrial units next to homebase and canley police station on the A45. Drop me a pm if your still not sure, and I'll pass you my number and walk ya through how to find it.

Last edited:
Theres a wednesday night meeting at Sainsburys courthouse green most weeks .

its a VAG meeting

Guy called nils (on here)does it iirc

Im in Cov but a bit old for meets lol

Lol never too old... Yeh Nilzy did go, not seen him for a bit though.

I do sometimes go now but the "fiesta cru" are starting to sneak in with their burberry and track suits lol

Hey Hey Hey!!!

Nilz checking in :)

I actually spoke to one of the guys from the Cov DubCLub meets yesterday, the Cov meets started up again today and will be on every Wednesday.

If we can drum up enough interest, lets get a few people together and go to the meet, its a really good meet, with like minded people that are chilled out and just there for a bit of a chat and a laugh.

Der_Techniker (soz dont remember your name) Drop me a PM with your name and number and we can sort out going with a few of the others on here.

Jo, let me know when you're up for it and we can take a drive up to Cov.

Nilz

Hey Hey Hey!!!

Nilz checking in :)

Der_Techniker (soz dont remember your name) Drop me a PM with your name and number and we can sort out going with a few of the others on here.

Awh now come on Nilesh I can remember yours :) haha

Good to hear from ya, thought you'd disappeared...

Pm on way

Still unsure if have Friday morning off Rob, what time have you booked the ramp out for?

:lmfao: Jo, it was last Friday, though I do need to pop in to arrange my next session... I'm on half day Friday so flexible, if you want to meet up and I'll introduce you to James.

Awh now come on Nilesh I can remember yours :) haha

Good to hear from ya, thought you'd disappeared...

Pm on way

Soz Dave...I mean Rob ;)

Im really bad with names

Ive not been on here for a while to be honest, just snowed under at work at the mo, so hardly get time to come on and evening are usually taken up too, so the last thing I want to do is sit in front of the lappy.

Jo thats cool, just let me know when is good for you and we can get together for a KFC...I mean meet ;)

Soz Dave...I mean Rob ;)

Im really bad with names

Ive not been on here for a while to be honest, just snowed under at work at the mo, so hardly get time to come on and evening are usually taken up too, so the last thing I want to do is sit in front of the lappy.

Jo thats cool, just let me know when is good for you and we can get together for a KFC...I mean meet ;)

I'm generally only on here because I have Tapatalk on my phone lol. Be good to see you, Jo, jase, and Steve again. The last time I saw you was that meet in cov, Jo was at ADI and Jason/Steve at AITP. So been a while an a fair bit has changed on mine :)

Jo, pm'd you my number, drop me a call if you want to pop into ramp and wrench and I'll meet you over there (unless that puts you off :lmfao: )

I'm from Leicester and am always looking for meets to swap ideas and just generally view other people's cars. Coventry isn't that far. Anyone else in Leicester go?

I will be having a monthly meet just off junction 24 of the M1 starting March onwards based at a local country pub in the evening - for those of you that already know me you will know the in's and out's already, but for everyone else click my signature link and watch this space!

I'm from Leicester and am always looking for meets to swap ideas and just generally view other people's cars. Coventry isn't that far. Anyone else in Leicester go?

Hey Chris, Speedy Steve sometimes pops over from Lesta, there are also alot of the VW boys that come over that I know, they come over quite regularly, so dont feel shy ;)

Chris, do you work for or own Lion Garages, I have seen and heard of them as am around Lesta quite regualrly, so is good to know there is someone there in the know.

I will be having a monthly meet just off junction 24 of the M1 starting March onwards based at a local country pub in the evening - for those of you that already know me you will know the in's and out's already, but for everyone else click my signature link and watch this space!

Hey Chris, good to see you on here, not seen you for a while...hope all is good with you.

Any chance you can put details of your meet up please, as im not on FB, so wont be able to see your details, would defo be up for a visit, once its up and running.

Just trying to drum up some interest. but its a bit difficult with peoples working patterns etc...

As said above, There is a regular VAG meet in coventry on the A444 at courthouse green sainsbury's, im usually there.

Hiya mate, i'll probably be down today. if you see me, shout me!

Right as the nights are getting lighter and a lil warmer, lets see if we can get a few peeps together for a meet then!!

Whats everyones availability like?

John boy, looks like we will have to book something in then....thats as long as you can rock your socks off!! ;)

Rob, hopefully in the next week or two, we can arrange something dude?

Now its getting warmer how bout doing a meet a Stoney Cove? Not just yet as there are no wheels on my car? Theres a pub and plenty of parking ??????

Now its getting warmer how bout doing a meet a Stoney Cove? Not just yet as there are no wheels on my car? Theres a pub and plenty of parking ??????
You get em in and I will be there :p

Yeah thats the place JoJo but just have an ASN meet. Im getting a bit passed standing in a super market car park of an evening.

Stoney Cove, near Sapcote? I'm game for that. Some sensibility for a change. Instead of the fiesta crew driving like tw@'s around a car park.

Steve, sick some steelies on for now :) :lmfao:

Last edited:
John boy, looks like we will have to book something in then....thats as long as you can rock your socks off!! ;)

Rob, hopefully in the next week or two, we can arrange something dude?

any update?

Not heard anything as yet... Hopefully we can make it a later in the week meet, say a fri or weekend???