South West (ish) meet anyone?

afcbjoshd

Reaction score
Hi all, interested in who would be around for a south west ish meet, I'm based in Bournemouth, Dorset, so maybe Dorset/Hampshire area some nice country pubs. no confirmed date as yet so very open, just guaging interest really but would be nice to finally meet some fellow audi enthusiasts in the dorset/hampshire area. anyone interested? Sunday seems a good day for these, so either one of the remaining sundays in oct or one in nov? comments and suggestions please! Josh

Im up for a south central (ish) meet so lets see if we can work up some more interest and then fix a date and location etc.

:)

Well if we can sort something out (New Forest works for me too) then all is good. I would suggest we work to the person with the least availability so QJ if you can let us know which weekend you have off we can see if we can all be available for the same date.

Once the summer comes back around and we have some lighter evenings again then we could have some evening meets.

I'll be up for this providing I am in the country. I am away the weekend of the 19th this month

Okay so realistically we have 1 shot at this this month, which would be the 6th... in 2 days..! as I'm working the 13th, sam is away the 19th. suppose we could do the 27th although that's the day after my birthday so I'll probably be recovering but would be up for something if people are free. so, is anyone up for the 6th? (just putting it out there short notice n all that) Josh

Could possibly do the 6th if there is enough interest.

if not lets work towards the 27th and see if we can get a few more cars along.

Yup can most likely do both dates too so we could do a short notice meet and then plan maybe a more popular one for the 27th.

So for the 6th late afternoon would work best for me but what would other be able to make it to?

So are we going to work on the New forest for location to meet? if so any ideas as to where might be good?

late afternoon ish sounds alright to me, where's close to both of us then... I'm not overly familiar with all of the new forest, the high corner inn is nice but really would need to be there over lunch and that really.

I can't do the 6th, but don't let that put you off!

Decide on a date and I'll book it off work if needs be (unless it's the middle of a set of night shifts like Sunday is)!

I know bits of the new forest pretty well but none of the names lol.

Guess the bits i know best are boldrewood and around there. But if we pick somewhere with an actual location eg Beaulieu National Motor Museum, House and Garden in the New Forest

As at least they have a car park plus its got an address for sat navs etc.

So can still do sunday for a mini meet even if QJ cant come :(

So is the 27th the best date for everyone for a bigger meet? and would people prefer to just meet up for a chat and a drive or would anyone prefer to do something eg Go Karting?

Well perhaps we should go for the 27th then and skip today if its just us.

That way with a little more time we can maybe get a few more on board.

Sorry I didn't get a chance to reply sooner about the meet on the 6th. Yeah I can't make it. 27th Should be ok though

If you guys ever look to host one more toward Brighton I'd be inclined to join you.

1. Josh (jtothed) s3 8l
etc

Im in for the 27th

1. Josh (jtothed) s3 8l
2. Rob (vrbob) S3 8L

Also we still gonna go with Beaulieu as a point to meet?

Last edited:
If you guys ever look to host one more toward Brighton I'd be inclined to join you.

s'bit of a trek! how near?

Im in for the 27th

1. Josh (jtothed) s3 8l
2. Rob (vrbob) S3 8L

Also we still gonna go with Beaulieu as a point to meet?

yeah i think so it seems pretty near most of the people interested..?? if it needs to be changed it can be.. but it's a nice area too. Josh

Plus its a car museum and were a car club so its like a match made in heaven lol

do you think it's worth starting threads on other forums - like edition 38 etc and snc to try generate more interest or would we just rather keep it audi-sport only? I'm easy either way but if we want more people along and don't mind different cars? Josh

Typically I'm working the 27th, but I'lll keep an eye on this thread for future dates.

I'll have to see nearer the time about the 27th. But Beaulieu is just up the road from me so I would be able to pop over for an hour or so. I'll pm my number across