South West Meet in June

afcbjoshd

Reaction score
Hi everyone, just toying with arranging a meet some time towards the end of June for us south westerners, and wondering who'd be up for coming. Obviously no one wants to travel miles and miles so also if people could say where they're based and we can arrange somewhere equidistant.

I'm from Bournemouth, Dorset so ideally Dorset/Hampshire is the obvious choice. There's a pub in the new forest called The High Corner Inn and I was thinking this would be ideal, just further up from The Red Shoot, which gets far too busy. It's down a gravel track and doesn't get excessively busy.

I was thinking then, to do it on a Sunday and the 19th seems alright for me, as i am on holiday abroad from the 4th to the 18th and working the 2 last sundays of the month. unfortunately for me.

So, long story short, as i'm new to the forum and indeed audi ownership and modding (to a certain extent) i thought this would be a good opportunity to meet new people, chat cars have drinks, eat, check out eachother's cars and see what other's are doing etc... and if people are up for it, go for a drive around the nice country new forest roads.

so anyone who's up for that, or even if anyone has already arranged a meet in this area that i'm unaware of, please reply to this and we can get something arranged.. all cars welcome modded or not.

I hope this won't be one of those ignored threads, everyone feels for the guy with no replies.. so even if u wana reply to call me a knob or whatever, do it! ha!

So to sum up. High Corner Inn, Sun 19th.. 11 o clock meet? this could all be rearranged nothing's set in stone...

Josh.

sound good mate ne chance you could get a postcode for the pub people can google it then and check the location

ill be up for it if im on my hols in brean at the time even tho im from south wales itll be nice to meet members from different areas

sounds good,but probably a bit far for me.I'm in Barnstaple,North Devon.

tony

I can't make that day, sorry. We did try to get something off the ground earlier this year and while there was around 10 interested on the forum, 3 cars turned up. Venue is key and car parks or even gravel roads will put some off.

I had a different car until November last year and when a few of us sold our cars we formed a small forum/club specifically to keep in touch and organise meets/go to Goodwood Breakfast Clubs, Prodrive, FoS, pubs. We all belong to our dedicated car clubs but often there's not a lot going on in the meetings department. We are based in the 'Wessex' area and we're all 'car' enthusiasts. Our 'club' is not restricted to any one make or model of car. Click on my profile for details. It may help you get the initial numbers up if you come along and join in with another meet that you know will have people attending.

One of our meets last year was at the Haynes Motor Museum at Sparkford. Any other events around Bristol? Also went to JapFest at Castle Coombe last weekend.

Wouldn't it be a better idea to see who's interested,then pick a central location?

tony

yeah, that sounds good, i was only saying a place i know is good, but if people are a bit further afield we can change the location no issues there.. was just a suggestion and i'm fairly open to other people's ideas so speak up if u can think of something better!

so who's up for a meet then?
to get the ball rolling

1. tonya4 Barnstaple,North Devon