Sky InsuranceMonster Motorsport
    Events Moderator

Status

South West Meet in June

Hi everyone, just toying with arranging a meet some time towards the end of June for us south westerners, and wondering who'd be up for coming. Obviously no one wants to travel miles and miles so also if people could say where they're based and we can arrange somewhere equidistant.

I'm from Bournemouth, Dorset so ideally Dorset/Hampshire is the obvious choice. There's a pub in the new forest called The High Corner Inn and I was thinking this would be ideal, just further up from The Red Shoot, which gets far too busy. It's down a gravel track and doesn't get excessively busy.

I was thinking then, to do it on a Sunday and the 19th seems alright for me, as i am on holiday abroad from the 4th to the 18th and working the 2 last sundays of the month. unfortunately for me.

So, long story short, as i'm new to the forum and indeed audi ownership and modding (to a certain extent) i thought this would be a good opportunity to meet new people, chat cars have drinks, eat, check out eachother's cars and see what other's are doing etc... and if people are up for it, go for a drive around the nice country new forest roads.

so anyone who's up for that, or even if anyone has already arranged a meet in this area that i'm unaware of, please reply to this and we can get something arranged.. all cars welcome modded or not.

I hope this won't be one of those ignored threads, everyone feels for the guy with no replies.. so even if u wana reply to call me a knob or whatever, do it! ha!

So to sum up. High Corner Inn, Sun 19th.. 11 o clock meet? this could all be rearranged nothing's set in stone...

Josh.
    S3 8L Ming Blue 273bhp & 294lbft h

Build/project thread
    check it out!

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Mountain Ash, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    sound good mate ne chance you could get a postcode for the pub people can google it then and check the location

ill be up for it if im on my hols in brean at the time even tho im from south wales itll be nice to meet members from different areas
    My A4 Detailed and finished with Zymol Glasur
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/detaili...ol-glasur.html

A4 S-Line SE 220BHp with full Black pack With black badge (rear one still to fit) two tone Leather, Bose, phone prep in centre arm rest, IPOD conection RS4 pedals suede gear knob handbrake and steering wheel R8 oil Cap

TDi Powerrrr

Status
    sounds good,but probably a bit far for me.I'm in Barnstaple,North Devon.

tony

6th Gear

Status
    Mountain Ash, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by tonya4 View Post

tony
    im in south wales lol cmon
    My A4 Detailed and finished with Zymol Glasur
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/detaili...ol-glasur.html

A4 S-Line SE 220BHp with full Black pack With black badge (rear one still to fit) two tone Leather, Bose, phone prep in centre arm rest, IPOD conection RS4 pedals suede gear knob handbrake and steering wheel R8 oil Cap

Audi *****s breed like rabbits

Status
    I can't make that day, sorry. We did try to get something off the ground earlier this year and while there was around 10 interested on the forum, 3 cars turned up. Venue is key and car parks or even gravel roads will put some off.

I had a different car until November last year and when a few of us sold our cars we formed a small forum/club specifically to keep in touch and organise meets/go to Goodwood Breakfast Clubs, Prodrive, FoS, pubs. We all belong to our dedicated car clubs but often there's not a lot going on in the meetings department. We are based in the 'Wessex' area and we're all 'car' enthusiasts. Our 'club' is not restricted to any one make or model of car. Click on my profile for details. It may help you get the initial numbers up if you come along and join in with another meet that you know will have people attending.

Events Moderator

Status
    yeah well anything sounds good i'll check it out.. was really jus putting it out there see what response, if any, i'd get.

Build/project thread
    check it out!

Chugger

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by tonya4 View Post

tony
    I'm in Barnstaple too, doesn't seem a very central southwest location? Needs to be closer to yeovil to tempt me...
    57 A3 2.0 TDI Sportback (140)

Audi *****s breed like rabbits

Status
    One of our meets last year was at the Haynes Motor Museum at Sparkford. Any other events around Bristol? Also went to JapFest at Castle Coombe last weekend.

TDi Powerrrr

Status
    Wouldn't it be a better idea to see who's interested,then pick a central location?

tony

Events Moderator

Status
    yeah, that sounds good, i was only saying a place i know is good, but if people are a bit further afield we can change the location no issues there.. was just a suggestion and i'm fairly open to other people's ideas so speak up if u can think of something better!

Build/project thread
    check it out!

TDi Powerrrr

Status
    so who's up for a meet then?
    to get the ball rolling

1. tonya4 Barnstaple,North Devon