Searching

Mr.Blonde

Reaction score
Hi,can we make the search function so it will just search in the group i need to search in ie the AUDI A3/S3 8L section??

Ive tryed that mate but still comes up with topics from other groups

Yeah, it's quote difficult to see it with the current skin. There's a 'Search Forum' icon just above all the threads in the 8L section which limits the search to that model of A3/S3. When you click on 'Search Forum' another window drops down for you to fill in and search.

Found it,nice one mate.maybe it should get highlighted???..

is there a way to search for all words rather than any?
ie i search for "a3 auto lock" at the minute i get all resuts with a3 in, all results with auto, and all results with lock, which is a lot of results!!

is there a way to search for all words rather than any?
ie i search for "a3 auto lock" at the minute i get all resuts with a3 in, all results with auto, and all results with lock, which is a lot of results!!
what do you want to know ? sometimes topics aren't covered,the only one I could see was how to switch it off but I did say titles only.

May I make a feature-request for ASN dear mods? Bunging a 'google site search' box on the site would be quick, cost nothing, gives an excellent search system for the site, and take load off your web/database servers.

Extra points if you're able/ can be bothered skinning it up to match the ASN look and feel, but that's just gravy.

May I make a feature-request for ASN dear mods? Bunging a 'google site search' box on the site would be quick, cost nothing, gives an excellent search system for the site, and take load off your web/database servers.

Extra points if you're able/ can be bothered skinning it up to match the ASN look and feel, but that's just gravy.
Good idea but Admin have a backlog of things to do

I can't get the search to work at all, I nip out and use google. Seems a fairly fundamental flaw on a site so full of useful info, so it should be no. 1 on the backlog, certainly ahead of fannying around with the site colours.
If I'm doing it wrong then the feature is still flawed as it has to be intuitive to be of any use to anyone.