Site Sponsor
Reaction score
Website
www.badger5.co.uk
earlier.. site was down as usual

now clicked on it, and the formattings gone to pot
the forum occupys now only the middle 1/3 of the screen as a vertical strip

what on earths going on?

never seen such a flaky forum setup as this one..

mice in the machine of summat?

Thanks for your help Bill, see the other thread, right under this one.

Oh, and on the general reliability side of things, please stick around, new machine as of last week; and aside from current tinkering, it's running beautifully...

Best,

Rob.

guy guys guys

wtf is up with this forum...

its unusable to me currently, as when on a thread, the lag between trying to scoll down a page is beyond a joke.. scroll, wait,,,, get muddled image thread for a while and eventual scroll down. Its so slow to actually move about on screen. Only happens on this forum.. I cant believe its the computer

any suggestions..
if it aint going to get any better than this, I will have to give up here as its far to frustrating a place to try and use.

The delay is several seconds from scroll to something happening.. like remote connecting to a machine on a very very slow connection type phenomena.

my pc?
your server?

summat well weird going on

guy guys guys

wtf is up with this forum...

its unusable to me currently, as when on a thread, the lag between trying to scoll down a page is beyond a joke.. scroll, wait,,,, get muddled image thread for a while and eventual scroll down. Its so slow to actually move about on screen. Only happens on this forum.. I cant believe its the computer

any suggestions..
if it aint going to get any better than this, I will have to give up here as its far to frustrating a place to try and use.

The delay is several seconds from scroll to something happening.. like remote connecting to a machine on a very very slow connection type phenomena.

my pc?
your server?

summat well weird going on

I've posted about this a couple of times. Very slow when clicking between ASN tabs that are open in IE also.
Almost feels like it is starving my pc of memory. And I know it's not a problem with my machine as it only happens with this site, and the same thing also happened on a couple of other PCs I browsed from.

Haven't received a reply to any of my posts on this as yet.

The performance issues are being dealt with by Admin.
I use firefox and have no delay.

Apart from the most recent outages due to tinkering, since the move the site is that fastest it has been ever.

Are you guys perhaps veiwing the site through a corperate firewall that's slowing things down?

Next time i speak to admin i will again raise you issues and ask if a refund of your memebrship can be arranged due to the site improvements ruining an otherwise fast and reliable site.

Thanks for your comments

Apart from the most recent outages due to tinkering, since the move the site is that fastest it has been ever.

This is true as far as page loading goes. But the slowness I speak of comes after the page has loaded. Scrolling etc is sluggish.

Are you guys perhaps veiwing the site through a corperate firewall that's slowing things down?

Nope. Not an connection speed issue. See above.

Next time i speak to admin i will again raise you issues and ask if a refund of your memebrship can be arranged due to the site improvements ruining an otherwise fast and reliable site.

Now now, no need for sarcasm. Or would you prefer that we didn't raise such issues?

Thanks for your comments

See my last sentence in this post. :thumbsup:

The sarcasm sometimes slips out, my bad !!

There is so much that goes on behind the scenes keeping it up and running, tinkering, phonecalls etc it's difficult to please everyone, or sometimes anyone,lol

I get as fraustrated as you guys as i use the site for information etc too.

You both using IE?

I too am a converted FF user and cannot replicate the problems you are encountering, hence the questions.

The sarcasm sometimes slips out, my bad !!

There is so much that goes on behind the scenes keeping it up and running, tinkering, phonecalls etc it's difficult to please everyone, or sometimes anyone,lol

I get as fraustrated as you guys as i use the site for information etc too.

You both using IE?

I too am a converted FF user and cannot replicate the problems you are encountering, hence the questions.

Yeah I understand where you are coming from and what goes on behing the scenes.:yes:

The other bits and pieces that aren't ideal I can live with, and don't really post about. But this slowness (even though I guess I can live with it too) does irritate me, because it's just there in my face the whole time, whenever I move my mouse.
Trying to scroll through a long thread makes me not want to scroll anymore.

Does seem like it's an ASN/IE relationship issue.
I would try switching to firefox but i've never really liked it to be honest.

I haven't looked back with firefox I would recommend it and I was a hardcore IE user

I tried it but gave up because it didn't work with a lot of add-ons I needed to use. That was a while ago though.
The minute firefox works with Remote Desktop I'll give it a go again.

The performance issues are being dealt with by Admin.
I use firefox and have no delay.

IE is the biggest internet browser by users without question, so blaming IE for things which work on pretty much everyone else's forum software fine, does'nt excuse this softwares inability to work, or hardware ability to cope, or whatevers configured rightly or wrongly by admin techies

hope you fix it quickly, as I cannot be alone as an IE user suffering the same issue

IE is only the most popular because its the default browser and your average joe doesn't know/want to know how to change it.
yes you are not alone bill as the posts reveal that but all we can say is that they are being dealt with just have to be patient on this one.

typing this on my new win7 dell and its working ok on IE?

puters are so random

hope you can fix it soon
good luck chaps

OK, just tried the scroll thing on IE version 7, as IE6 is totally useless for browsing ASN. I see what you guys mean with the delayed scroll action, it's crap! I can view it on IE7 no problems though, looks the same as FF, but it runs the smoothest using FF.

The sites been brilliant since changing but today its crawling. Just wondered if its because you are working on it? Slow to open threads and post replies. Not moaning, just curious! I know you are all busy in the background.

I use Goggle Chrome as never got on with Fire Fox and is much faster and easier to use then anything else for me personally. When using Chrome scrolling up and down plus going from page to page is just as quick as any other forum when using Chrome or IE. The rest of the site is a mess though as always just grown to get used to it being like it now. The site should work best in IE as that is the most common used browser in the world no matter if you like it or not voorhees .

I work in web- and for the majority of web apps that we launch we've now abandoned IE6 as it's unsupported and has pretty much been 'end of lifed' by Microsoft. Maybe a little bit of script to point user's to a better browser (ala Facebook). Obviously that might cause some upset if you have lots and lots of IE6 users, but you'll know better than me from your analytics etc.

Oh, and for legacy stuff, I spend the rest of my days wrestling with IE6 bugs. I do most of my non-work browsing in Safari and the forum looks good, though I might like more screen width used by the forum rather than the central column. But that's a preference thing....