Hyperlinks

tompearson

It's all in bits
Reaction score
Hyperlinks always show up as plain text for me until I mouse over them. Is there a setting I need to change to make them move obvious (can't seem to find it if so), or just the way the forums are set up?

Hyperlinks always show up as plain text for me until I mouse over them. Is there a setting I need to change to make them move obvious (can't seem to find it if so), or just the way the forums are set up?

The way the forum is setup I'm afraid, I have made my links bold and coloured them in red myself, like THIS

This is an utterly useless set up and makes it a complete PITA to link to anything. Fortunately if you're using Firefox you can override the site's styles so that hyperlinks show up again.

Have a read of this blog post about the userContent.css file you need to create: http://coreygilmore.com/blog/2008/10/23/per-site-custom-css-in-firefox/

Then put this fragment at the top of the file:
Code:
@-moz-document domain(audi-sport.net) {
 .postrow a, .block a {
  text-decoration: underline !important;
  color: blue !important;
 }
}
Restart Firefox and links will be blue and underlined once more! It covers most of the forum post functions I've quickly looked at.

jojo: can I suggest you modify the sites stylesheets to restore standard link style so everyone doesn't have to do this workaround manually?