BerryBlab

quattrojames

Staff member
Reaction score
Berryblab is a newly released BlackBerry App for viewing forums using vBulletin.

To work with this app the forum must have a plug-in installed, this can be downloaded for free from HERE

Can anyone tell me if ASN will work with this please? If not can the plug-in be downloaded so I can get the app?

Hiya mate,

I'll have a play with this later and get back to you, in the meantime you might want to try Tapatalk (now it's working again) - apparently there's a Blackberry version of that available too - I'd only recommend it if there's a free version for you to read the forum with (normally they charge a couple of quid for a version able post)....

Will get back to you ASAP...

Cheers,

Rob.

Ok thanks Rob, I'll have a look at Tapatalk, I didn't know there was a BB version available.

Let me know about BerryBlab.

EDIT: Tapatalk not available until end of Feb for BlackBerry.

Last edited:
Would be a very welcome addition. I've just about given up trying to use the site via my normal blackberry browser.

As above (or below)... any updates on this????

The new Audi-sport.net is virtually unusable on my Blackberry (Storm).

Have you tried using a browser called 'Bolt' - it was a free download to my Bold 9700 and works well on this forum.

Works very well, thanks for that! Using it now!
Bit hard to navigate using the storm's touchscreen but speed is brilliant and has no trouble loading all page graphics etc.

Works very well, thanks for that! Using it now!
Bit hard to navigate using the storm's touchscreen but speed is brilliant and has no trouble loading all page graphics etc.

EDIT:- Hmmmm.. Double posting though. Can't have it all I guess :icon_thumright:

Good, I'm glad you like it, I use it for most forums and it works well - although I generally only tend to post from a PC.

I've just downloaded the Tapatalk beta for BB - I'm not having much luck yet though. It finds ASN ok, but seems reluctant to connect to it just saying 'Loading'.

After 10 mins of use I can't believe the speed of it compared to the BB browser. Much much faster. That alone makes it a winner for me.

Only downsides I can see so far are: Touchscreen navigation (clicking on small links) is quite difficult; and when typing into a field it takes you to a blank screen to type, then when you've done typing it takes you back to the webpage and inserts the text.

But for general browsing, a great find!

I find the text a bit small, but the flip side of that is that you don't have to scroll to read the whole page, which I personally hate.

Taking you to a new blank screen in ok, as you don't have to do battle with the small font, the only down side is it's not easy to refer back to the previous post midway through.

Opera mini is another browser which seem to get quite good reviews, but I've not tried it myself.