FactionOne

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Hi All,

This is just a little note to let you all know a little bit more about what's going on at the moment.

We're experiencing poor performance at times due to server load spikes which we are investigating at present. The makers of the forum software are working hard on fixes for issues related to their recently released upgrade. We're also doing what we can to minimise the effects of any issues in terms of user experience (read: reliability and performance) - basically there's a lot of fire-fighting happening at the moment, but we're doing what we can.

Searching has been disabled for the time being so that a) we've a bit more resource available to minimise the effect of spikes, and b) we're tinkering with things linked to it, requiring it to be turned off (it's a choice between the whole site or just the search being turned off while we work on it).

We hope to have things which are disabled/affected restored before Monday, but I'll update this thread as things develop...

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Rob.
ASN Admin Team.

Last edited:
Right folks... Time for a quick update...

The server is now a stripped-out trackday racer because of our efforts to neutralise performance draining issues which are apparent at present.

It's helped a bit, but unfortunately not enough to have a massive impact; so we're still working on things.

Some updates and fixes have been supplied to us for the core forum software, and we're integrating these at present as well as continuing with our own investigations.

There's not much more to say at the moment, and I wouldn't like to venture a time-scale at this point, but please be assured we're trying in earnest to get things sorted out.

Thanks and regards,

Rob.

when can we expect the new post feature back again?

Dont you just hate it when a "must have" upgrade from the suppliers / developers ends up being a step backwards and loads of hassle for the clients - Why is it always so??!

In all my years of IT / developer experience, this hasnt really changed!

I feel for you - good luck solving (and testing) their poor product development....

ok, wicked site so worth the wait! cheers

What hardware are you hosting the site on?