Chris NottAH Fabrications
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Administrator

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    The issue reported above is still present & I have watched it delete my text, also I cant url link an image to insert into a post, although I've gone directly to the url & its shown up in IE straght away, so its something screwy with the site.
    1) That's a feature, not a fault. The site's just trying to slow you down so someone else can have a go

Seriously though, it's a bit of a weird one that bud - just out of interest, have you seen it do the same thing in Firefox?

You might've noticed the site was up and down like the proverbial drawers last night - we were working on an issue which is causing the site to have a mahoosive go-slow each evening around 9-10pm. Once that's nailed we've got some more fixes/upgrades to integrate, and the AJAX stuff which is involved with replies and quick replies is going to get some work so you should see that sorted this week. I'll post again to let you know when it should (hopefully) be sorted.

2) Image embedding should work fine - the problem may well be related to .htaccess protection on the images you're trying to embed - more and more sites are preventing their content being embedded elsewhere using .htaccess and other tricks. If you upload an image to an Album on ASN, and embed it from there, does it show?

...That one seemed to work OK (that's a file on another server I have (completely separate from ASN) and not .htaccess (or other) protected).

Cheers,

Rob.
    The truth they're trying to keep from you is that IPv6 has nothing to do with address space; we're actually running out of full stops.

2. # ADS
    ADS

is a retronaut

Status
    Any update on audisport.tv? I'm having probelms with it:

It took 3 days to be able to see the videos I uploaded even though on my home it said they had been watch 38 times.
    On one of the videos I selected the larger embed size which now covers the data on the right of the page. I cannot edit the embed data (that I can see) so it's stuck that way. So I'll probably have to upload it again.
    When I want to add tags to one video I have to re-enter the title and description in those boxes before I can save it.

I do like it though
    8P2 S3

For advice on Air Con problems please read my FAQs.
    To find ASN members with VCDS check out the MAP.

Polished Bliss

Status
    Hi Rob and the Admin team; please could you action/respond to the pm's I sent in November and more recently on 6th January about support/updates needed in the detailing section please. I know you've been flat out so I can resend the content if needs be. Cheers, Rich.

Administrator

Status
    Hi Rich...

PM on the way.
    The truth they're trying to keep from you is that IPv6 has nothing to do with address space; we're actually running out of full stops.

Administrator

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Staz View Post
    Any update on audisport.tv? I'm having probelms with it:

It took 3 days to be able to see the videos I uploaded even though on my home it said they had been watch 38 times.
    On one of the videos I selected the larger embed size which now covers the data on the right of the page. I cannot edit the embed data (that I can see) so it's stuck that way. So I'll probably have to upload it again.
    When I want to add tags to one video I have to re-enter the title and description in those boxes before I can save it.

I do like it though
    In short mate, there are a few issues with that one at the moment; but we're going to be working on settling down the Forum (& CMS / Blogs) before we attack that - mainly because we've got the two sites integrated and logistically it makes more sense to settle one bit down first, then do the other - just in case work in one area has an effect on the integration. There'll be an announcement (and trust me, there'll be bells, whistles, fireworks, the lot) when Audi-Sport.tv is fully functional...

Cheers,

Rob.

Never satisfied

Status
    Over the last few days i receive this when i log on , again i am on mac using Safari _ firefox is the same (fault )

i still get duplicate posts.

SCREEN SHOT OF WHAT IS HAPPENING

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Same here, I've had that message a few times also.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

S3 Drift King!

Status
    The site has been running turd for most of today, and I experienced the disappearing text thing whilst typing this out.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    It seems we are posting to much as Rob has added this feature to both of our profiles

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    The site has been running turd for most of today, and I experienced the disappearing text thing whilst typing this out.
    PS, I was using firefox when it happened.

Administrator

Status
    Thanks for putting it so delicately jojo

Yes, we've been up and down a lot today and when we've been up we've been plagued with database errors. We're working on it at the moment... Hopefully we'll have it 90% improved in the next few hours...

Thanks and regards,

Rob.

Administrator

Status
    Right, another little update...

As I'm sure some of you are aware, we've been down for quite a prolonged period tonight - hopefully it's been worthwhile and we should enjoy a bit more reliability and pace around here again, but of course we'll only know for certain when we've had some traffic through here, I'll keep you posted as far as I can as things develop...

Thanks for your patience and regards,

Rob.

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by FactionOne View Post
    Thanks for putting it so delicately jojo
    You know how passionate I am about ASN! lol

2nd Gear

Status
    Hey guys --

I keep getting "Searching has been disabled." - presume you already know about this? Also, I was gonna say, I'm in the trade so if you need help and I got some time, I'll have a peek or offer advice?

Dan

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    This user specific disappearing text thing is really doing my head in, Rob any ideas as to why this is happening mate, also any fix if known issue?

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    This user specific disappearing text thing is really doing my head in, Rob any ideas as to why this is happening mate, also any fix if known issue?
    Only happened to me once Nige, I think it's when we start typing into the box before the screen is fully loaded up.

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Only happened to me once Nige, I think it's when we start typing into the box before the screen is fully loaded up.
    Infact, it's as I said it, I just tested it by hitting the refresh button, and started typing into the text box midway through loading, and the text disappeared.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Sorry I only caught half of that.............................................. ..lmfao

Status
    Its a new platform so the updates are being implemented along the way to sort these problems so patience is required...so am led to believe (thats a wink btw,I hope the updates sort them out as well as it looks like a normal un)

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Ah damn I thought it wasnt permanent, you always have to spoil the fun (aka PITA)

North East Forum Moderator

Status
    Problem: My 'New Posts' bit has been replaced with 'Private Messages' ... I should have new posts as I havent been on the forum in 2 days.

Website | Facebook | Audi TT 2.0TDI 170 Quattro

Status

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by jb0o View Post
    Problem: My 'New Posts' bit has been replaced with 'Private Messages' ... I should have new posts as I havent been on the forum in 2 days.
    Please read the big yellow banner

North East Forum Moderator

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by voorhees View Post
    Please read the big yellow banner
    lmao, sorry... I might have seen it if it was a bit bigger.

Website | Facebook | Audi TT 2.0TDI 170 Quattro

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    I'm colour blind

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Don't know if it's related to what you guys are doing with the upgrade, or the fact that ASN is running on barebones mode. But the little blue button that takes you to unread posts isn't working, it just opens up existing threads from the beginning.

Fired Up!
    Funky Pong Champion

Status
    As previously stated, smilies in quick reply would be good again, this gonna happen?

Project RS28 build
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthr...1-Project-RS28

German cowboy walks into a car showroom and says "Audi".......

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Maybe its just me not lucid at times, but are the posts now seperated as such, as I was sure they were all grouped in one long page as such, I like it tbh as its easier to distinguish posts from eachother.

The thing I miss most at the moment is the 'What's New'. Any idea when this will be available again.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by h5djr View Post
    The thing I miss most at the moment is the 'What's New'. Any idea when this will be available again.
    as soon as admin sort the gremlins out

Seems like another case as is common with a lot of upgraded software. One small step forwards and one giant leap backwards and I large amount of time having to be spent to get back to where you were with the previous version.

Being a retired IT Manager I have seen this happen so many times in the past. And it's still happening. A classic example be Microsoft's Excel. I still use the 2003 version because the 2007 version cannot do some of the things that you could do in 2003. And the latest beta of Excel 2010 adds back some but not all of the functionality that was available in Excel 2003.
    Last edited by h5djr; 1st February 2010 at 11:29.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

S3 Drift King!

Status
    I just had this on my ASN screen LOL!

The server is busy, please try again later.

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Me too
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

I've also had it several times. Seems like things are going backwards rather than forwards.
    Dave R (h5djr)

is a retronaut

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by h5djr View Post
    A classic example be Microsoft's Excel. I still use the 2003 version because the 2007 version cannot do some of the things that you could do in 2003. And the latest beta of Excel 2010 adds back some but not all of the functionality that was available in Excel 2003.
    Like what? I think 2007 is far better then 2003!
    8P2 S3

For advice on Air Con problems please read my FAQs.
    To find ASN members with VCDS check out the MAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Staz View Post
    Like what? I think 2007 is far better then 2003!
    I currently have all three versions of Excel, 2003, 2007 and the beta of 2010 loaded in separate virtual machines on my PC in both Windows XP and Windows 7.

In Excel 2003 you can write macros and assign them to a button on a toolbar. You can also design the button so that it reminds you what it does. This is a function I use all the time both when I'm designing new spreadsheets for the RSPB and when myself and others are entering data into those spreadsheets. In Excel 2007 you cannot do that. In the beta of Excel 2010 Microsoft have added back the ability to write macros and assign them to a toolbar button but there is only one button design available and you cannot design you own so all the macros will have the same design of button which will make using them rather difficult. I know of quite a few organisations who will not upgrade to Office 2007 for this very reason.

There is some 3rd party software available which allows for the normal 2003 type toolbars to be used but it does not allow you to attach macros to extra buttons. Perhaps Microsoft will add back the full functionality in Excel 2013!!
    Last edited by h5djr; 2nd February 2010 at 11:22.
    Dave R (h5djr)

S3 Drift King!

Status
    For anyone that didn't know, the search seems to be up and running again, but only when using the top right search bit, the 'advanced search' is not fully functional.

Rob/Admin, can you have a look at the little blue icon you click on that goes to new posts within a thread, it's not working at all for me. This button I'm on about --->

The What's New button seems to be working again as well which is great.
    Dave R (h5djr)

2nd Gear

Status
    Can someone help,when i click on the smiley icon in the quick reply box it wont drop down,is there something wrong on is there an option for allowing smileys i have to highlight etc?

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by leach76 View Post
    Can someone help,when i click on the smiley icon in the quick reply box it wont drop down,is there something wrong on is there an option for allowing smileys i have to highlight etc?
    That's not working at the moment, you need to click on 'Go Advanced' at the bottom of the text box, and the smilies will be accross the page with a sideways scrollbar.

2nd Gear

Status
    That's not working at the moment, you need to click on 'Go Advanced' at the bottom of the text box, and the smilies will be accross the page with a sideways scrollbar.
    Thanks