automatic

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Genius clip usage
    Still loving the 130i like the sideways dirtbag I am

2. # ADS
    ADS

Quote Originally Posted by Staz View Post
    Dave I'm getting a little fed up with this. Perhaps Rob should post the transcripts of the admin conversations so everyone can see the way you wanted to do things?
    You or any of the other moderators are more than welcome to Lock or Delete this thread whenever you like.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

Ads
    License to drive

Status
    Sometimes I think some of us would do well to remember that this is just an internet chat forum.

Otherwise sometimes these things can spill over into the "real world". And that wouldn't be right, would it.

S3 (8P)

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by aythreee View Post
    Sometimes I think some of us would do well to remember that this is just an internet chat forum.

Otherwise sometimes these things can spill over into the "real world". And that wouldn't be right, would it.
    Very Good point.
    Its a great bit of ecapism, thats why I never get into a p!ssing contest on here.
    There is plenty of that in my `real world`.

Shame to see two of the good guys (Dave & Staz) falling out though

Group Hug?

(goes off to get bladdered at Work Xmas party....)

cheers
    Paul
    Now:
    -MK2 Golf Gti 16V/VR6, Oak Green, Shrick, Intake, Decat, Kish Retrim, Lenso BSX..
    -BMW 335d Xdrive, Estoril Blue, fully loaded.

Before:
    S3 (8P), Ibis, DSG, Milltek, SHARK

BMW 320d M Sport
    S3 (8P), Sprint, REVO, H&R Springs, BBS CHs,

Golf MK5 GTi 20TFSI - REVO Stage1, Red.
    Golf MK5 GTi 20TFSI - Std, Shadow Blue
    Civic Type `R`
    Golf MK4 GTi 18T - 200bhp, MTM ECU, Forge DV
    Golf MK3 VR6 - Cat Back
    Corrado VR6 - JAMEX
    Corrado G60 - JAMEX, BRM Charger rebuild
    etc....

Quote Originally Posted by PaulAr View Post
    Very Good point.
    Shame to see two of the good guys (Dave & Staz) falling out though

Group Hug?

(goes off to get bladdered at Work Xmas party....)

cheers
    Paul
    Staz and I are not falling out over this. We just see things in a slightly different way, that's all.

The problem somethimes on a forum like this is to know when people are serious and when their just joking. When face to face it's always much easier.

Enjoy your party!!!
    Last edited by h5djr; 18th December 2009 at 11:17.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

My BM is fixed!

Status

I TOTALLY disagree with this.

It pisses me off that people can say things to directly upset others and sometimes feed false information then hide behind the "its not real life its the internet" line.

Well this is real life, the same as it is in person and you should all treat conversations with people as such.
    Would you view an email to a client/supplier as "not real life" also?
    What about a letter, a phone call? I could go on.

Just because you are conversing with someone over an internet forum does not mean that you should not extend them the same courtesy you would in person.

Maybe people ought to learn that are human beings on the other end.

Engage brain before fingers eh.
    Last edited by Caesium; 18th December 2009 at 22:59.
    Chris

The problem with common sense, is that its not that common.

See my images @
    http://www.christianfrench.co.uk

Own a dreaded BMW? http://www.bmw-sport.net

The problem can sometimes be that it's not always so easy to tell if someone is being serious or just joking on a forum. Face to face it's much easier. But I do agree that everyone should threat people on a forum in the same way as they would treat them in real life.

Personally I also think people should use the same standards of grammar and typing as they would in other forms of communication. Just because it's a forum is no excuse for a lowering of standards.
    Dave R (h5djr)

Ads
    License to drive

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by A4Quattro View Post
    I TOTALLY disagree with this.

It pisses me off that people can say things to directly upset others and sometimes feed false information then hide behind the "its not real life its the internet" line.

Well this is real life, the same as it is in person and you should all treat conversations with people as such.
    Would you view an email to a client/supplier as "not real life" also?
    What about a letter, a phone call? I could go on.

Just because you are conversing with someone over an internet forum does not mean that you should not extend them the same courtesy you would in person.

Maybe people ought to learn that are human beings on the other end.

Engage brain before fingers eh.
    To be fair, I think you've missed my point mate.

But in response to your point.....
    Emails to clients/suppliers are a bit different to typing on an internet site. One is directly related to your "real life" employment etc and will have a direct impact on such things, the other is a public website where a bunch of guys chat about cars and generally have a laugh, with the majority hiding behind made up names. Basically, NOT directly related to your real life.
    As for phonecalls, letters..... again, very different to a chat forum.

But I do agree, people should still try to remain courteous. Although that was never my point.

So anyway, on to my point, and I'll elaborate....

This is an internet site that we all use for a bit of a chin wag. Things happen, people say things. Some not nice. People also do things, some of them also not nice. But at the end of the day this is "just the internet" and "not real life". And because of that, things said here I take with a pinch of salt and don't loose sleep over it, until..................

I'll elaborate further.....
    I've witnessed quite a few times (and been on the receiving end of) silly situations that have moved away from the internet and escalated to levels which did or could have potentially effected the real life of people.

So when I say people would do well to remember that this is just the internet, the above type of thing is what I am referring too.

And I'm not suggesting that the situation which promted this thread is anywhere near reaching such a climax or ever will, but I think the same still applies, even if only to see the argument/disagreement for what it really is..... a few words on the pages of a website.

My BM is fixed!

Status
    To be fair, I think you've missed my point mate.

But in response to your point.....
    But I do agree, people should still try to remain courteous. Although that was never my point.

And because of that, things said here I take with a pinch of salt and don't loose sleep over it, until..................

So when I say people would do well to remember that this is just the internet, the above type of thing is what I am referring too.
    Although I can see the point you are trying to make, that does not make the situation correct.

For example,
    I have my name and area up on a page because I own vag-com, people have contacted me, and subsequently met up for diagnostics, it doesn't get more real than that.

I think some people use the medium of the internet to escape from their lives into a "sims" type of world, which is okay when playing a game, but this is not a game.

The reason for moderators (in my view at least) is to remind people that this is indeed real life, and as in physical contact with others, there are rules and they must be followed otherwise society would no longer exist, some would do well to remember that.

Your points have raised healthy debate without question, and that is a good thing, but at least we have kept it to a level that would be acceptable in person. Not everyone agrees with everyone else, sometimes you have to either concede defeat or just keep schtum.

We have probably deviated well away from the original post, sorry Dave, but i'm sure everyone reading this could see some good points.

Cheers

Chris
    Chris

The problem with common sense, is that its not that common.

See my images @
    http://www.christianfrench.co.uk

Own a dreaded BMW? http://www.bmw-sport.net

3rd Gear

Status
    I still love you Dave, even if you are now a mere mortal
    Audi TT - 2.0TFSI - Ibis White

6th Gear

Status
    Doh - Another voluntary redundancy

Damn recession!

Hope you got paid well :D
    Last edited by kaz219; 21st December 2009 at 22:18.
    Audi A3 S-Line DSG - sold
    Golf Mk4 Autograph - sold
    Currently Vtec'in around in an Accord Type R :P

For Sale: ST3 Remap Console - PM Me :P
    Vagcom'd too

Quote Originally Posted by kaz219 View Post
    Doh - Another voluntary redundancy

Damn recession!

Hope you got paid well :D
    I'm considering buying a new R8 with my redundancy money!!!
    Dave R (h5djr)

Sharpest Tongue in the West

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by h5djr View Post
    I'm considering buying a new R8 with my redundancy money!!!
    Nice! pics?? hehe
    Last edited by beanoir; 6th January 2010 at 19:47.
    Porsche Cayman S |Jeep Grand Cherokee|1988 Ford Fiesta XR2

www.essexdriversclub.com

Quote Originally Posted by beanoir View Post
    Nice! pics?? hehe
    This is the best I could afford.... still nice thought..

Dave R (h5djr)