General Chat???

Nilz

Defo worth the wait :)
Reaction score
Guys, do you think it would be worth joining the General and General Automotive Chat together again as it was before the update.

Only reason is, its all 'general' talk isnt it and it saves looking in 2 seperate places???

Just a suggestion and your thoughts would be appreciated :)

Nilz

I agree with Nilz, I personally preferred the two together as they used to be.

I dont think either forum is busy enough to justify them being seperate, both seem quite empty of new threads...

Just my 2p.

Yea I have noticed that since the change, both of them have gone really quiet, now I dont know if this is because people are confused as to which one to put into, or because its just too much effort, it could even be that its a quiet period on the forum (summer hols etc).

However I think the two combined would just make things smoother on the site.

I think the two combined would just make things smoother on the site.

No,its the opposite as everyone is trying to access one section as opposed two seperate ones.
This new format is two or three months old ? and nobody has mentioned it before but it will be revised as is the whole new format and if something is not working it will be changed back to original format.

This new format is two or three months old ? and nobody has mentioned it before but it will be revised as is the whole new format and if something is not working it will be changed back to original format.

Personally I thought it was just me that didnt like it... :)

Well hopefully others may add there comments to this and we can see how they feel about it.

Maybe I should put a link in the General Chat section :nyah:

Or how about a Poll, or is that a sore subject ;)

well,we can put it back to how it was before when you were getting an error on the screen instead of the site and then you won't to have to worry at all :p

Think I prefer them seperate. One to do with general car related stuff, the other for chatting about everything else non car related. I like it just like that. :icon_thumright:

Only reason im saying to have them together, is that they are not busy enough to have as 2 seperates, so rather than going through 2 seperate sub forums to view possibly one new post, then doing the same in another, if they are all in one place, its just more convenient.

But they're too seperate to be together..... if you catch my drift.
One is general chat about cars, the other one is general chat about anything but cars.
The way it is at the moment makes perfect sense to me, quiet or not.

I don't really understand what you have said about having to go through two sub forums to possibily view one new post.
Aren't they both normal forums, not sub forums??? Or am I missing something here?

I just think it'll be a bit of a mess having it all together. I like the fact there is at least one forum where I can read stuff that has nothing to do with cars.

One is general chat about cars, the other one is general chat about anything but cars.

They we're seperated for the reasons above, so to generalise posts between car chat and non car chat. Some people just want to read about cars, some just want to read about Holly and Fearne. :)

I don't really understand what you have said about having to go through two sub forums to possibily view one new post.
Aren't they both normal forums, not sub forums??? Or am I missing something here?

I just think it'll be a bit of a mess having it all together. I like the fact there is at least one forum where I can read stuff that has nothing to do with cars.

The Nail, Head on the hit. (rearrange the words....):beerchug:

Only reason im saying to have them together, is that they are not busy enough to have as 2 seperates, so rather than going through 2 seperate sub forums to view possibly one new post, then doing the same in another, if they are all in one place, its just more convenient.

I agree, if there were hundreds of posts everyday then sure keep them seperate but as it stands at the moment it seems overly complicated to have them separate (imo). Im lazy I like my general non-A3, A4, A'whatever' chat all together.

Its been all humped together in one section since Ive been using AS.net and worked when the site was busier, most car related threads in general chat end up in laddish banter anyway... (or a massive arguement/lockdown/thread deletion) :)

Maybe the mods should have a *coughcoughpollcough* about it? :p

Is it me or is this thread going in a circle what with Nilz repeating his initial post and now Unkle.

The question was asked and answered.

I agree, if there were hundreds of posts everyday then sure keep them seperate but as it stands at the moment it seems overly complicated to have them separate (imo).

Do you really think it's overly complicated as it is???

Something to say about cars in general = General automotive
Something to say about anything else = General chat

It's easy! :shrug:

I'd kinda see the point if it was about merging something like music & movies with general chat.

Last edited:
So does this mean its not going to change?? :moa:

Do you really think it's overly complicated as it is???

Yes, as in theres two quiet sections which used to be one reasonably busy section, Im assuming you've only been on the forum a couple of months, this is a recent change, personally I dislike it and was expressing my opinion...which I thought was ok, I wasnt trying to be belligerent or cause an arguement... :)