New section?

dannyFR+tdi

Reaction score
Dont know if im looking in the wrong places but is there like a 'members ride' section on here. I think it would be a good addition for people to be able to post all there updates in one thread and keep the progress all together. If im looking in the wrong place correct me but i think it would be a good idea. Any comments,suggestions welcome weather negative or positive

Cheers
Danny

It has been queried before and basically there are 2 schools of thought.

Currently people post their project threads in the forum for their type of car. It could be kept that way as it keeps things logical and if you're into 8P A3s for example you can find all the tuning and modding for them in one place.

You could of course keep all those forums but just have a thread dedicated to projects as you have suggested, but that could cause a dilution of content. If I have just done a big thing to my car I want everyone with that same type to know about it. If I put it in the project forum it could be missed.

This isn't really a modding forum as such so most people just hang around in the forums for their specific car and don't look elsewhere too much.

It's not a bad idea of course to have that dedicated modding forum and it's not been ruled out altogether. There has been a big update recently and FactionOne (the Admin) is a hugely busy guy, so all major mods to the site have been put on hold for the moment.

I get what your sayin with the whole model specific catagories that already exist and mods been busy. would a members rides with sub sections for each model work. I appreciate most types of audi and think its good to be able to follow builds and peoples progress

Hmm yeah another not bad idea. To be honest I think the biggest problem would be members who do just 1 or 2 little mods then thinking it should then be put into the modding sub section. How do you distingush between them?

Then how is it moderated? Do we move threads out if WE don't think they're worthy of project status? No realistically we can't do that. Then the sub forum just becomes almost as busy as the main forum for that model and then that just defeats the object.

Personally I can see both sides of the coin. I like how it is right now and I am mostly interested in seeing modded 8P A3/S3s. But I appreciate seeing other modded cars too although I never go into the other model forums. But what you do find is that the serious modders have the details of their mods in their sig and when you bump into them in one of the non model specific forums is gives you the opportunity to look into what they've done if you so desire.

Very true there is two ways to look at it and i certainly dont want to cause more work for mods. if it works now then i suppose if you were to start a thread in the sections available now it would be posssible to link to it through my sig if i made one so that it oges back to the 'build thread'??

Yeah of course mate. Just have a pic of your car so it grabs attention and then a link to your thread.

The projects forum idea hasn't been pushed out completely by the way, it's just it's a busy time and will be for a while as there are still problems with the forum.

I get what your sayin with the whole model specific catagories that already exist and mods been busy. would a members rides with sub sections for each model work. I appreciate most types of audi and think its good to be able to follow builds and peoples progress

I agree with this totally, I think I said it before when the idea of a project forum was first mentioned. I don't get the time to read all the A3/S3 sections, but would be interested in following members specific build projects which I may otherwise miss from not visitng the sections :thumbsup:

So overall its a good idea just time consuming to set up and monitor

members rides generally go in the pics sticky at the top of the model specific section.
its not named as members rides but its the same thing.

I know but im on about a section to keep all of you own pics/info together to keep it neater than just posting pics all over the place if you get what i mean

if you go into your user cp you will see a networking section where you can upload onto.