Chris NottAH Fabrications
+ Reply to Thread
    4th Gear

Status

Can't view audi-sport.net with firefox

Since yesterday everytime I try to go onto www.audi-sport.net the following message appears;

Zend Optimizer not installed

This file was encoded by the Zend Encoder / Zend SafeGuard Suite

In order to run it, please install the freely available Zend Optimizer, version 2.1.0 or later.
    What is the Zend Optimizer?

The Zend Optimizer is one of the most popular PHP plugins for performance-improvement, and has been freely available since the early days of PHP 4. It improves performance by taking PHP's intermediate code through multiple Optimization Passes, which replace inefficient code patterns with efficient code blocks. The replacement code blocks perform exactly the same operations as the original code, only faster.

In addition to performance-improvement, the Zend Optimizer also enables PHP to transparently load files encoded by the Zend Encoder or Zend SafeGuard Suite.

The Zend Optimizer is a freely-available product from Zend Technologies. Zend Technologies is the company that develops the scripting engine of PHP, also known as the Zend Engine.

I am currently writing this on the same computer with internet explorer.. anyone any ideas
    Last edited by technics100; 2nd July 2009 at 21:00.

2003 Silver A2 1.4 TDi - 65mpg & 30 a year to tax - ;-)
    2003 Atlas Grey A4 2.0 S-line - gone
    2000 Goodwood Green S6 4.2 V8 - gone

2. # ADS
    ADS

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    It only appears on the home page for some reason, Rob ( Faction One) is working on a fix. Please stay tuned

Administrator

Status
    This is really odd actually. I'm using three different machines with the latest version of Firefox and I've not had a problem.

I know this is probably a daft suggestion, but have you cleared your private data (completely)?

Also, is this a private computer connected via a standard ehternet(/wifi) connection over ADSL/Cable Modem, or a 'work' network computer (behind corporate proxy/firewall)?

I'd be quite interested to know exactly which Firefox version you're running? (Help, About Mozilla Firefox)...

Cheers,

Rob.
    The truth they're trying to keep from you is that IPv6 has nothing to do with address space; we're actually running out of full stops.

6th Gear
    Candy Tetris Champion, Mahjong Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Status
    I had exactly the same problem as Technics - when I was at work!
    "Swallow your pride occasionally, it's not fattening." - Frank Tyger
    "Avoid making irrevocable decisions while tired or hungry." - Robert Heinlein

4th Gear

Status
    Firefox version 3.0.11. I just cleared my private data and it worked. I'm on my home machine. using wired virginmedia broadband. no firewall, just windows one

2003 Silver A2 1.4 TDi - 65mpg & 30 a year to tax - ;-)
    2003 Atlas Grey A4 2.0 S-line - gone
    2000 Goodwood Green S6 4.2 V8 - gone

1st Gear

Status
    I had this problem and had to manually type in the following URL:-

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/forum.php

Even after initially clearing all private data it didnt work, until i typed in the url.

Administrator

Status
    Hmmm. It's clear that in certain cases browser caches are causing issues, and in others, probably DNS resolver.

I'll try to come up with a 'one size fits all workaround' which we can leave in place for a month or two until caches expire...

Thanks for the info...

Regards,

Rob.
    The truth they're trying to keep from you is that IPv6 has nothing to do with address space; we're actually running out of full stops.

1st Gear

Status
    I have had MAJOR problems getting onto the forum and/or anything in the /vb folder, even contact us from the home page.

Im using 3 different browsers on 3 different machines 2 x connected wirelessly, 1 x ethernet on the same network.

I have flushed the dns, clear cache, rebooted my router and have now run out of ideas.

Im not sure whether a fix has been put in place today as ive just typed in the URL manually again and it seems to have worked, but for the last 2 weeks i havent been able to get on. Ive had two of the following error messages:-

Audi-Sport.net is undergoing a forum upgrade. We aim to be back before tomorrow morning!
    Watch this space....
    Please contact us if you have any problems accessing you login after the upgrade has taken plac
    and this...

This was from using an anon proxy IP as i thought it may be an IP address problem but it doesnt look like it is.

Any help?

Administrator

Status
    This is definitely not a server side issue fella, somehow you've been hitting the old box; I have to navigate to the old machine by IP to replicate your problem. (If you look for the old front-end you get the message in the screengrab, and if you browse for /vb/ you get the quoted text).

I guess (and it'd be a long shot, but perhaps the most likely at this point), that for some reason the DNS boxes you're querying have been right at the back of propogation, and/or for some reason have been rather confused.

I'll email this response to you as well as posting so at least you've got an easier access route if problems persist...

Cheers,

Rob.

1st Gear

Status
    Cheers Rob, thanks for the quick reply. Fingers crossed whatever has been causing it is sorted now :D

Are member login figures down for the site in general? I'd hate to think i wasnt the only one with this issue and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. Even the contact us wouldnt work.

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    I know of two other users, stoakseya4 and ninenails who had similar problems, but both are now sorted too.
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.