Site Sub-Categories

jb0o

Reaction score
Website
jonathan-butler.co.uk
I really think the website could do with sub categories in each category.

E.g. Now in the A3 section there are lists of every thread regarding to an A3, no matter what the subject is.

I think that if we could add sub-categories into the A3 section, and everyother sections it would make the website alot more manageable and will help people alot more with regards to searches etc.

Sub-categories would include:

- Car Faults & Problems
- Car Styling
- Your Car (along with 1 thread for each member to show their car. This would be perfect for those looking for a particular members car as they can simply just search the username)
- Diesel Area
- Petrol Area

You understand where I'm coming from...

I know Im new and most people have been here longer than me and are used to the setup of things, and I don't want to come across like I want to take over the show but also being new here I speak for alot of new people that it is a hard website to navigate around simply because there aren't any sub-categories.

If there are problems due to time etc, I have plenty of time on my hands and can do it - if necessary.

For me personally, the sub categories only work on forums that are dedicated to one model of car, like Integra Type R forums. I know totally where you are coming from with your suggestion, but I don't think having sub categories on a big forum as this is a practical solution, the Audi range is just too big for it.

Yeah, I can totally understand that.

The reason I brought it up is because on my old forum for my punto it had that setup, but like you said it was for one model only.

I guess the only hardship about it is to actually get people to manage it, as there are, like you said, a lot of audi models and even if it only gets done to the most active model, I'm sure someone would complain and want it done to their sub-forum too.