Was AS down last night??

was down i could'nt get on either

yeah the main hosts were also down so major & also the site is still problematic today

glad its back :icon_thumright:

Yes, we did have a little outage last night. That one was unplanned, and there will be a few more planned ones coming in the next few weeks...

We'll try to give you warning regarding when they'll happen, but the amount of time we'll have to notify you may vary.

In a couple of weeks things should settle down though, and speed/reliability will be greatlu improved...

Regards,

Rob.

Since the first outage of the Site, the site seems to randomly log me off every now and again. It usually happens when I hit the 'Forum' button on the redbar, and it requires me to type in username and password again. Anyone else experiencing the same, or is it just my crap net connection(usually Wi-Fi or a Vodafone net dongle) playing up?

Daft question, but you are definitely clicking the 'Remember Me?' box when you log-in right?

I've had a look at the options and the time-out for sessions is still the same, so you shouldn't really be finding any different behaviour than before...

Regards,

Rob.

No Rob, I don't use the 'Remember Me' function on this site, cos whilst it does remember me when I Log on, it doesn't reemmber which posts/threads I have read or not, so I log on everytime I come on and log off when I goto bed.

Right, it seems that vBulletin does have a tend to log you out 'early' if you don't use the remember me option - I'm not completely sure about what leads to this behaviour, but I know it does, so I always use the remember me function. Likewise it seems to have problems sometimes with read/unread posts not being correctly recorded, I have to say that this seems intermittent for the most part though; I notice it now and then but not with every forum/thread.

If you persist without using the remember me option I'd be interested in some stats on when it's kicking you out? It might be a tad laborious, but if you noted a time you log-in and the time when it kicks you out, and an approximation of how long after your last 'link click' that was, it might help me track down what's happening.

If you do give 'remember me' another try, I'd be interested to know how persistent the read/unread marks issue is too...

Hopefully these issues might improve/vanish in the coming weeks though, I'm hoping to upgrade the vBulletin core we're using...

Regards,

Rob.

Whilst at work Rob, I just leave it logged on and pop on whenever I have a spare 5 minutes, so kinda hard to keep track, it would keep me logged on all night some days and in the last instance of it happening, it was probably 10minutes or so, and I'm sure I'm not browsing the site every 5 minutes the whole night I assure you. lol
Very random is the only way I can describe it mate.

been doing the upgrading then? Regarding the marked/unmarked, it does seem to 'forget' that I have been on & read threads that I, say, have read that morning etc. (I'm 'remembered')

been doing the upgrading then? Regarding the marked/unmarked, it does seem to 'forget' that I have been on & read threads that I, say, have read that morning etc. (I'm 'remembered')

I have exactly the same situation. Just kinda got used to it now.

From another thread...

FactionOne said:
Unfortunately we haven't moved just yet - our new home isn't quite ready. As soon as it is we'll be off and hopefully the downtime will cease.

This weekend's outage was due to hardware failures at our outgoing hosting company (again). I've been reserved about it up until now because I didn't want to mucky their name, but this weekend has pushed me over the limit. We're desperately trying to get the new machine up and running and successfully tested so we can shift over there and away from the shower of incompetent fools that look after hosting at the moment.

As soon as things are tested and have the green light I'll be making an announcement about the date of the move...

Regards,

Rob.

Kin hell whats been going on with this forum its up n down like a whores knickers lately

i dont see how a datacenter can provide a service like this. I would of hit the roof with them.

Any updates on this? Site has been so slow and unreliable for the last few days :banghead: