Help. Uploading pictures from photobucket

JimmyJames

Jas.
Reaction score
Right have faffed around uploading pics to photobucket but before i break something how the hell do you get pics to appear in threads or new threads?

Yip i see the small icon pic above and yes i click that. and then i see the http box. I go to photobucket and copy the img file and then paste into the now open "enter url" box and this wee red cross box is all i get. Ahhhhh!!!!!!!!!
S3C3-1.jpg
[/IMG]

Anyone
S3C2.jpg
[/IMG]

Hi Jimmy, when you log onto photobucket, open the Album of where the pics you want to post up is stored. Underneath the Thumnail pics(not actually thumbnails, they are smaller versions of of your pics) is three addresses, you need to copy and paste the bottom one with tags at the start and end of it and you will get the pic on here.
I got the URL links to the pics by right clicking the squares and going to properties.

Ok once again i guess i'm bringing pic over from photobucket but it dosn't show.

S3C7.jpg
[/IMG]

??????????????????

Hi Jimmy, you seem to have added some audisport text onto your link, I've removed it to get it to work, click on the 'Quote' button of this post to see what I mean.

S3C7.jpg

Hi Jimmy, you seem to have added some audisport text onto your link, I've removed it to get it to work, click on the 'Quote' button of this post to see what I mean.

S3C7.jpg

jojo.
Sorry mate I'm just not getting what you mean. Here i hit the quote button and therefore this reply with pic. What am i looking for? If its the subject box there is nothing there other than the thread reply string.If its the picture it just starts and finishes with
. So I'm not really getting what you mean to understand why i can't display pic.

As for photobucket I'm copying the IMG link and then in AS i hit pic button and the please enter your URL. There is http:// open in the AS box but since Photobucket carrys that on its own i don't add this. Therefore i copy in the address only from photobucket and all i get is the red cross.

I'm usually ok with comp/software stuff but I'm just not getting this and can't understand how you can open it but i can't.

JimmyJames,

Instead of using the shortcut buttons while typing your post out, just type something like the following directly into your post:

URL]

The
tags tell the website that you're inserting a picture, and the http://.... stuff is the address of the picture on the tinternet, which you can get from PhotoBucket's thumbnail page.

When you try this, leave out the spaces between the
so that it's all one string.

Hi SilconS,

Cheers I just did the copy and paste string and yes nows it below.:applaus:
The insert url from photobucket into AS url box just isn't working still getting the red box. but I'm sorted now.

Ta.

S3C3-1.jpg

I've got the same problem! Started a photobucket account to get some pics on the threads and cant get them on.. just that really annoying red box thing!
I'm not really that great with computers.. dont even know how to copy and paste so if some one would like to simplify these steps to how to get some pics up i'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks from the captain of chaos :keule:

Floyd, Ah you find yourself with the same problem as i had.

Right, now that I've learned from the above chaps, heres what you do.

Photobucket site

1. Left click to highlight last (4th) IMG File (it automatic copies - wee yellow box comes up with the word copied) or left click IMG file then right click and select copy. Either way you now have the copied link.

A-Sport site

1. Select you thread/new thread.
2. Write your entry (Obviously if before pic or later after pic)
3. Do not select the wee picture icon above the thread box.
4. Instead right click and select Paste.
5. With this done no picture will appear yet but the whole file thread will be there from photobucket.
6. Go to preview post and now your picture will appear along with your entry.

My pic below is exactly done here from that guide I've written.

Hope your sorted now. Try it back in this thread.

Cheers Jas.

S3C2.jpg

YES!! Sussed it, cheers for that mate really appreciate it.

Cool pic too.. even if i do say so myself!

Ta JimmyJames, top man:salute: