Forum Issues Today (New Items)

Gti Jazz Blue

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I keep getting the following error when trying to use the getnew function or from the recent posts on the initial forum page.

Going direct into an individual forum section (like this one) works OK. I'm connected at the office via a Zen MaxADSL Business line and I'm using Firefox.

Not had the problem before :-

Not Found

The requested URL /search.php was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/1.3.34 Server at audi-sport.net Port 80

Hey guys,

I think this is all related to the switchover to the new front-end...

Basically the page you chaps are using is being altered/phased out (Olly's the man in control so I'm sure he'll confirm...) and replaced with the slick new front page that you get when you hit www.audi-sport.net

The links from www.audi-sport.net/vb/index.php don't point at valid URLs anymore, so I guess the best advice is to update your bookmarks to either www.audi-sport.net or www.audi-sport.net/vb/forumhome.php (the main forum index)...

If you do wish to use the /vb/index.php page for its display of what's currently going on etc. for the time being, you need to add /vb/ after the www.audi-sport.net part of the link which gives you the 404 error to get to the page...

Regards,

Rob

ok, nothing that drastic is needed. I've been tweaking a few things and overlooked an issue.....the board should be back to normal now

we sort of have 3 tiers now......the new front end.....which you click through into the OLD frontend.......then you click though that and get the forum...which....kinda works well

Cool!

It's useful to have the /vb/index.php page when browsing during quiet times and coffee breaks at work!

Regards,

Rob.