Food & Drink Forum

jojo

Looking for Boost!
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
How about a Food & Drink Forum for the discussion of recommended places to eat and reviews of food etc., as I'm always running out of ideas of where to take the other half out! :happy:

Are we meant to take them out places??? i thought cheese on toast everynight infront of the telly was acceptable.

how about putting it in general chat, or looking for a food and drink forum?

I am up for this ....as it is my profession

Rev-Head

AKA

Steven Craik
Executive Chef

Im deffo up for this. A recipe section would be good too. :)

Yes I agree totally not all of us want bar meals

Heres the first one then

Macallan Tuna

Seared Tuna steak set on Crab and Scallop Noodles garnished with a Macallan Kumquat and Lime Dressing

Ingredients

Tuna
1 x 12oz Very Fresh Tuna Loin
Chopped herbs (Parsley, Tarragon, Chives)
Cracked Black Pepper

Crab/Scallop Noodles
4 x King Scallops (Sliced in Half)
200g of Blanched Noodles (Turmeric and lemon scented water)
100g of White Crab Meat
1tbsp Finely Chopped Tomato Flesh
1 tsp Finely chopped Tarragon
Seasoning
1 lemon
1 Knob butter
1 dspn Olive Oil

Macallan Kumquat and Lime Dressing-
15 Kumquats (Halved and Deseeded)
3 Lime (cut in to Quarters)
Dram of Macallan 10 yr
6 tbsp Sugar
16 tbsp water
4 tbsp White Wine Vinegar
2 Sprigs of Rosemary
1 Stick Cinnamon

Method

To begin season Tuna Loin and set aside

Dressing

Kumquats
In one Pan Heat up and toss in Kumquats pour in Macallan and Flame, place 3 tbsp of sugar in Pan and add 8tbsp of Water, bring to boil and let simmer add rosemary and simmer till light syrup consistency, extract rosemary, place kumquats and liquid in to food processor and blitz till smooth and then pass through sieve to give you Kumquat Rosemary syrup when cooled add 2 tbsp of white wine Vinegar and mix very well and season to taste

Limes
Place limes and Cinnamon in pan coat with rest of sugar and water set on stove, bring to boil and simmer till light syrup constituency and limes are soft texture, take of heat remove cinnamon stick then blitz mixture in food processor and pass through sieve, when cool add rest of White Wine Vinegar and mix well and season to taste

Noodles

Heat pan, add Olive oil and butter toss in noodles and keep on tossing till warmed through, at the same time, pan fry the scallops, season and dress with lemon juice ,Place aside to rest

Tuna
Heat pan till very Hot sear on both sides and cook in oven (200 Celsius) for 2 mins(red inside) take out and roll in herbs set aside and slice into Four Equal Portions.

Plate up

Place 2 half Scallops into ring cutter Roll Noodles with fork place and place on top place 2 tsp of crab meat mixture which is enhanced with tarragon and Tomato, lift cutter away place Slice of Tuna on top of tower and finish by dressing plate and serve

Courtesy of Steven Craik:icon_thumright:

My Contribution...

Sweet & Sour Chicken and Fried Rice

Chicken breast of some sort in batter, with a seperate pot of Sweet & Sour sauce, serve along side a portion of Fried Rice -Yummy! :yum:

Go to your local Chinese and order politely, then hand over somewhere in the region of £5-£6(average prices), go home and serve on a plate!

Job Done :)

jojo said:
My Contribution...

Sweet & Sour Chicken and Fried Rice

Chicken breast of some sort in batter, with a seperate pot of Sweet & Sour sauce, serve along side a portion of Fried Rice -Yummy! :yum:

Go to your local Chinese and order politely, then hand over somewhere in the region of £5-£6(average prices), go home and serve on a plate!

Job Done :)

Sorted:icon_thumright:

must've missed this !
I've created it under general discussion, like the rants and raves forum