??? Hide or tweak settings in 'What's New? ???

DarkBunny

Reaction score
Is there any way of hiding areas of the forum that are not specific to my personal needs? (Not saying it's a bad thing, it's just there are a lot of sections that I wouldn't really look through).

I like the What's New, but it lists a lot of items that again aren't relevant to me..

Just wondering... Thanks!

Nope.

It's quite a right-on leftie search that one.

It makes the assumption that on a forum, information can flow two ways; and that one mans "uninteresting" is another man's "holy crap, the two minutes you spent writing that saved me hours".

;)

R

Nope.

It's quite a right-on leftie search that one.

It makes the assumption that on a forum, information can flow two ways; and that one mans "uninteresting" is another man's "holy crap, the two minutes you spent writing that saved me hours".

;)

R

Hmmm - can see where you are coming from!

There are just so many very different forum categories that I have to trawl through...

I'd say the general majority of people on here only use 2-3 sections of the forum, which it is easier to just go into each individual section where the threads are scaled in relation to most recent post.

A easier way of working with "what's new" is just note which time you last checked and focus of which forum section the post is in (A3/S3 8P section etc) them see what the thread is if the forum section is relevant to your interest.

Just for the record. There's nothing stopping anyone doing that.

But <insert deity>/Yoda/Mr Miyagi would probably note that true enlightenment often lies a pace or two off the most travelled path.

We appreciate those who, when they can, take the 0.628 seconds to scan lines in the What's New result which may pique new interest, or precipitate input which will be of benefit to a fellow member :)

R