Site not working on Wireless network

Markb

Reaction score
Any suggestions to why it might not be working on my wireless network? I've checked in the firewall settings and it's not been blocked. I've also checked the settings in Zone alarm and it's not been blocked. I've also cleared all of the cookies on my laptop and it still doesn't work /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Could it be that Audi-Sport have blocked my IP address? Can you tell me whether any IP addresses have been added since the 21st?

Cheers Mark.

Are you using the same connection wired, and wirelessly, but its only working when wired? Or is it a different connection all together?

Rich

I've got broadband over the wireless connection, but I've still got a modem in my computer so I am using dial up to connect and post this.

Have you tried plugging your laptop(any computer) directly into your broadband modem with an ethernet cable? Does ASN work that way? That will tell you whether or not its your Wireless Network.

Cheers

Ian

Contact your ISP maybe your wireless router has an inbuilt firewall which needs configuring its sounds like its just something silly like that! Have you checked to see if you can access your router they are usually 192.168.0.1 then adminfor name and admin again for password. Try it and see!

[ QUOTE ]
Have you tried plugging your laptop(any computer) directly into your broadband modem with an ethernet cable? Does ASN work that way? That will tell you whether or not its your Wireless Network.

Cheers

Ian

[/ QUOTE ]

Will try that and see what happens.

[ QUOTE ]
Contact your ISP maybe your wireless router has an inbuilt firewall which needs configuring its sounds like its just something silly like that! Have you checked to see if you can access your router they are usually 192.168.0.1 then adminfor name and admin again for password. Try it and see!

[/ QUOTE ]

Already checked that on my Linksys router. As you say the IP address was 192.168.0.1

Mark.

Mark, I'm using Linksys routers both at home and work, one is through Cable and the other is ADSL, apart from setting up the connection with the ISP, nothing else was configured, and no connection problems to the site at all. HTH

I know it should just work.

I think it's going to be an ISP prob /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Hmm all of a sudden it seems to be working again....

Strange not that I am fussed, but I would have liked to have known why it stopped working.

[ QUOTE ]
User error /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Err I hope not.

Distinction BTEC National Diploma Computer Studies

1 year industrial placement (IT support department)

Final year of a BSC Hons in Computing Science

[ QUOTE ]
What you doing asking us then Mark? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I had tried everything to my knowledge + used google etc..., but I knew there were loads of IT guys on here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

next time (god forbid) try accessing ASN via ip (194.70.50.78) rather than DNS name. DNS server cache corruption is common, and takes a few days to resolve.

Never thought of that, but yes that could have been the problem.

Just tried accessing it via the IP address stated above, but it asks for the username and password. Tried Audi-Sport username and password, but the 'computer says no' LOL

yeah, thats wierd.... it must be hosted on a server with multiple virtual servers, using host-headers. Bummer. The direct IP test aint gonna work.