Annoying pointless replies to threads - why?

ImS3ola

Reaction score
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/soap.gif

I was just wondering if i'm the only that finds all the pointless replies to posts ****** annoying. I'm constantly clicking on threads that have like 10 replies since I last read them and what am I confronted with.......? A couple of replies that just have smilies, a few one word answers - all complete drivel and nothing to do with the topic at hand. If people want to have silly little conversations with one another, why not do it over a messenging service. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I don't expect the forum to be full of factual topics and no light hearted banter, but for some reason AS.net seems to be much worse than other forums that I visit when it comes all the stupid whoring.

Rant over

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

You think AS is bad have you had a look at the AudiWorld chat room, all they talk about is the weather and snow tyres.

Its rather annoying to find a decent thread with about 10 replies and when you go to read them, you realise is 10 posts of pointless, annoying drivel. alot of the time, i just cant be ***** to read the threads anymore. If people could keep it out of the main forums and keep their crap postings to the 'General Chat' (Maybe there should be a 'General CRAP' forum!!) then it would solve 90% of the problem. Take the DV thread in 'TUNING'... Had to be moderated because a few were spoiling it.

Rich

It will always happen with forums, and no matter what you do there'll always be someone who complains about being moderated!