What about a 'RFA' (Request for Assistance) forum?

FAQ = FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ...
and likewise
RFA = REQUEST FOR ASSISTANCE ...

In the US and in particular within the company I work for this is a regular area/forum where people go to request help. It works well, diverts 'help topics' away from 'general conversation'.

Rgds

Clive

I realise what RFA stands for /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

But what sort of assistance, i.e. help with cars, if so what car... that's what the car forums are supposed to be for...

[ QUOTE ]
audi girl said:
I realise what RFA stands for /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't intend to question your understanding of the acroynm.

RFAs are dedicated to just help topics and therefore people who want help or are keen to give help know exactly where to go. At the moment to see every request for help you have to scan all forums.

On reflection you are probably exactly right. For such a popular site a single RFA area would soon get unwieldy ...

just a thought!

No it's cool - we are open to all suggestions /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I know what you mean - you do need to check all the forums, but like you say a single forum would be a bit difficult - think of the separate forums of being a sort of filing system

Why not mention in the FAQ (or the NMA) that when you need help, putting 'RFA' in your post somewhere will make it easy for the good folk - who like a problem to solve - to find you! AOK?

By the way, Jo - thanks for the stickers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hug.gif

No probs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

That's a thought - will put it in when I get a minute, although most of the posts in the car forums are RFA's with the occasional news post too..