Green 'Battery Bars'

mike foster

Fossie
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
At the risk of being classed as a 'dummy', could someone please explain how the number of green bars is calculated. It can't be anything to do with number of posts because I have two bars with nearly 2500 posts and some people have 'battery full' if you know what I mean with less than 1000 posts !

Be gentle guys :shrug:

At the risk of being classed as a 'dummy', could someone please explain how the number of green bars is calculated. It can't be anything to do with number of posts because I have two bars with nearly 2500 posts and some people have 'battery full' if you know what I mean with less than 1000 posts !

Be gentle guys :shrug:

It is calculated by others who leave comments on your posts as far as i can see. There is a star at the bottom left, the more that someone votes for you, the more reputation you get, and the more your green bar increases. Does that make sense to you? I just voted for you, you now have more green bars.

Thank you very much Sandra, that explains all !!

As a matter of interest, did this new feature get advertised/publicised or did you find out by accident ? I thought I was fairly good at keeping up to date with developments but this one definitely escaped my notice !

Thanks again

The green blocks are rep, they are affected by people clicking the sheriff style star at the bottom of the user's posts. So as well as thanking for posts that are useful you can also "rep" that person and add to that user's reputation bars.

Depending on how much rep the person repping you has will determine how many rep points you get.

It is also affected by your post count too, every thousand posts you get a bit more rep I believe

Google Vbulletin rep to find out more :)

Copied from my post in the other thread

sandra I've just noticed your a moderator when did this happen then I'm guessing recently happy days for ya wouldn't mind having a crack at it myself :)

Hi Fran, yes I got my new status today. Thanks.

Personally I thought it was my laptop battery percentage