ok, while we're creating forums

I agree that it is always a hot topic of conversation but a whole forum for it??? I think it would be a bit slow, my vote is keep them in the tech forums etc. for now!

[ QUOTE ]
Moresauce said:
I agree that it is always a hot topic of conversation but a whole forum for it??? I think it would be a bit slow, my vote is keep them in the tech forums etc. for now!

[/ QUOTE ]

well, no slower than the A8/S8 forums! or the scuba forum (though I'm not saying they should go, I think it's a good idea to delineate stuff)...

The problem is that the posts get buried in amongst all the other stuff, and then people repost the same questions. Do a search for tyres threads - there are heaps of them!

The other problem is, if you want to search for tyres for your model of car, you'll turn up results in the tech forums, the model forum, and the general car chat forum. Some of them relevant, some not... putting it in a specific forum would mean that instead of every thread being called "tyres", you'd have "tyres for b5 a4/s4" or "goodyear eagle f1s" and stuff like that. It makes you more descriptive.

Well, anyway, it's just a suggestion but I think it would lend itself well to a dedicated forum. It might not be a hotspot but having it would be extremely useful.

-- james

Fairpoint James, maybe the answer is too have a tyre forum? Just there are so many forumson here that the quick look in style user don't really get chance to read them all!
Personally I have the sport forums etc. hidden so I just see the general forums and also the audi specific ones, then you don't have to read about Scuba diving /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I think Chip upgrades would be a good one as it is asked about on a weekly basis. Also some sort of permanent post stating correct oils and fuels to be used in S3's...
Stone chip repairs etc etc.