FireFox and ASN problem

jojo

Looking for Boost!
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Anyone else have this problem?

Using Mozilla Firefox on Windows7, when I try to open audi-sport, firefox just craches! Every other website works, just ASN crashes it?? And it does it on both my laptops, I've had to use the slow and woefuel IE8 to make this reply.

Maybe it's time I upgrade to google chrome?

Anyone else have this problem?

Using Mozilla Firefox on Windows7, when I try to open audi-sport, firefox just craches! Every other website works, just ASN crashes it?? And it does it on both my laptops, I've had to use the slow and woefuel IE8 to make this reply.

Maybe it's time I upgrade to google chrome?

Jojo, i would recommend google chrome, mine is running so much better on it. I had problems with safari on my ipad and firefox on my
laptop.

I upgraded my FF this week, it seems to work ok. On some forums it freezes a lot, but never on ASN....!

OK, so doing a search in google brings about some problems with firefox on windows7, and my brother inlaw says there's problems with the latest version of FF, he's a computer programmer.

Anyways, I decided to try FF with addons disabled to see if ASN still fires up, and same thing happens, even with cookies deleted. As soon as I try to open ASN, the whole thing just freezes/crashes, can't even close the window unless I use task manager to shut it down, and even this has a delayed action?!?

So really not sure if it's ASN coding or FF itself, no other site I use/browse has this problem.

Making this post using IE9, which seems to work perfectly, I also have google chrome and safari, and both seems to be ok with ASN.

This is getting frustrating, I actually have a seperate IE9 window just to view ASN at home, and at work, I use Safari.

As soon as I click on the ASN button on FF using the bookmarks, the whole FF browser crashes! No other sites does this... cookies deleted and all.

OK, I may have fixed it, I updated my AVG from 2011 to 2012 version at work, and now it's running faster than ever on FF!

Need to test it at home.

Plus I'm now using one of the newer skins as opposed to the ASN Black one that was available to me, that may have been the problem?

AVG = Fail

Its free for a reason Joe

I suddenly started to have problems where I would crash out of ASN and I have been using FF for maybe 3yrs now so I uninstalled and reinstalled it and its been fine since, touch wood.

OK, still the same issue at home lappy, despite changing everything to the same as my shop settings! Does FF retain the bookmarks if I uninstall and reinstall?

OK, still the same issue at home lappy, despite changing everything to the same as my shop settings! Does FF retain the bookmarks if I uninstall and reinstall?

OK, it's working! I had 'vshare' installed which wasn't compatible with the current version of FF, switched it off, and now it's working again.

OK, it's working! I had 'vshare' installed which wasn't compatible with the current version of FF, switched it off, and now it's working again.

Looks like the above is NOT the solution. I find that if I open a FF window and wait a few minutes, then I can us ASN. If I try and use ASN as the first thing, then it crashes the whole browser.

Jo, I just updated FF to version 8 and its doing the same thing. I'm having to use IE on my PC to access ASN.
I'm using FF8 on Windows xp SP3.

Its really annoying.
I've done everything you done, then read the next post and found it did not work. lol

My PC has been acting up for the last couple of days, i'm tempted to upgrade to windows 7.

It's tempremental Scott, no difference on Windows7. I'm running xp on my desktop, same issues! Basically, latest version of FF doesn't like ASN, that's all I can pin it down to.

Works fine on IE9, but the scroll down function is rubbish on it, so I have to use the side scrollbars, almost forgot they was there! Lol. Using Safari is better.