Volks AutosChris Nott
+ Reply to Thread
    Abb
    2nd Gear

Status

unable to open 'notifications' drop down

Hi, have been recieving notifications but have no idea what for! This is because when I go to the drop down and try and open the menu, it does open but appears to be hidden behind the ASN banner, as just the border of the menu is protruding from the bottom right hand banner, if that makes any sense! Has anyone else experienced this or is it something to do with my settings??
    Ps It used to be fine, up until recently.
    Audi S4 quattro cabriolet in dolphin grey metallic, Audi exclusive crimson red leather/black piping, red hood, carbon inlays, RNSE, tiptronic gearbox with paddleshift, electrically adjustable & heated seats, 6 disc multichanger, DVD multichanger, monitors in headrestraints, xenon headlights with power wash, cruise control, folding door mirrors, storage pack, 19" OE VW Touareg wheels with 25mm spacer/adapters all round, non res cat back quad tipped Milltek exhaust, lowered 30mm on H&R springs

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    That used to happen with my work laptop. I found that if I clicked on the drop down arrow, then very slowly dragged the cursor down until it just touched the top of the box (or the tiny bit of it you could see), it would change colour and when I clicked it would work. Fine at home though.
    2012 RNSe Navigation Discs with unit software update. PM me.

Suzuki GSX-R 750 K5

A4 S-Line. Mods so far; Cruise, DIS, Mk2 RNS-e, Audi 6 CD changer, XcarLink with self manufactured permanent ipod dock, B8 MFSW, Dectane Dayline Headlights with independantly switched DRL's, RS4 Rear ARB, De-badged, RS4 pedals, HIDS, RS4 front grille and RS4 style fog surrounds, LCR splitter in Satin Black, Rear Park Assist, LED gearknob, Red footwell lighting, Kitchen sink and Shower cubicle.

Administrator

Status
    What browser (and version) are you using Abb? (and on your work laptop Gary?)

Rob.
    Boot full of dog. Back seat full of lenses.

5th Gear

Status
    Work laptop was Firefox 6.0.2, but so is home and thats fine. I now have a new laptop at work running win7 with the same browser and version and its fine
    2012 RNSe Navigation Discs with unit software update. PM me.

Suzuki GSX-R 750 K5

A4 S-Line. Mods so far; Cruise, DIS, Mk2 RNS-e, Audi 6 CD changer, XcarLink with self manufactured permanent ipod dock, B8 MFSW, Dectane Dayline Headlights with independantly switched DRL's, RS4 Rear ARB, De-badged, RS4 pedals, HIDS, RS4 front grille and RS4 style fog surrounds, LCR splitter in Satin Black, Rear Park Assist, LED gearknob, Red footwell lighting, Kitchen sink and Shower cubicle.

Administrator

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by gary3306 View Post
    Work laptop was Firefox 6.0.2, but so is home and thats fine. I now have a new laptop at work running win7 with the same browser and version and its fine
    That's quite odd - but then there is a possibility that it was an epic coincidence; we did have a CSS problem which would do screwy things with a couple of the menus regardless of browser, but we had ironed that one out - maybe around the time you changed laptops.

...I'm wondering if Abb is using Internet Explorer (or something based on it), I know there are some CSS gremlins with that (IE is about as CSS compliant as a housebrick), but I wasn't aware the notification menu was one of them.

I wonder if it's related to the 'peel-corner' (for stickers).

Abb - if you could also advise which ASN display theme you're using (shown in a drop-down at the bottom right of each page), I'll look into it.

Thanks guys,

Rob.

Abb
    2nd Gear

Status
    Hi Rob, am using windows 7, and WAS on the ASN fixed display theme, just changed it to fluid, which seems to have fixed it! To be honest, am not the best with computers and had put it down to user error! lol Thank you for all your help.
    Audi S4 quattro cabriolet in dolphin grey metallic, Audi exclusive crimson red leather/black piping, red hood, carbon inlays, RNSE, tiptronic gearbox with paddleshift, electrically adjustable & heated seats, 6 disc multichanger, DVD multichanger, monitors in headrestraints, xenon headlights with power wash, cruise control, folding door mirrors, storage pack, 19" OE VW Touareg wheels with 25mm spacer/adapters all round, non res cat back quad tipped Milltek exhaust, lowered 30mm on H&R springs

Administrator

Status
    Hi Abb,

Thanks for your relpy.

I'm glad you've found a workaround, but I'll have a look at the ASN Fixed theme to see if there's anything which needs tweaking.

EDIT: Just a heads-up, if you prefer to log-out of your account when leaving the computer, the 'peel' may inerfere with the log-out control depending on the width of your screen. We've put another link in the grey nav-bar for those who need it.

Don't hesitate to get in touch if you have any further problems,

All the best,

Rob.