unable to open 'notifications' drop down

Abb

Reaction score
Hi, have been recieving notifications but have no idea what for! This is because when I go to the drop down and try and open the menu, it does open but appears to be hidden behind the ASN banner, as just the border of the menu is protruding from the bottom right hand banner, if that makes any sense! Has anyone else experienced this or is it something to do with my settings??
Ps It used to be fine, up until recently.

That used to happen with my work laptop. I found that if I clicked on the drop down arrow, then very slowly dragged the cursor down until it just touched the top of the box (or the tiny bit of it you could see), it would change colour and when I clicked it would work. Fine at home though.

Work laptop was Firefox 6.0.2, but so is home and thats fine. I now have a new laptop at work running win7 with the same browser and version and its fine :uhm:

Work laptop was Firefox 6.0.2, but so is home and thats fine. I now have a new laptop at work running win7 with the same browser and version and its fine :uhm:
That's quite odd - but then there is a possibility that it was an epic coincidence; we did have a CSS problem which would do screwy things with a couple of the menus regardless of browser, but we had ironed that one out - maybe around the time you changed laptops.

...I'm wondering if Abb is using Internet Explorer (or something based on it), I know there are some CSS gremlins with that (IE is about as CSS compliant as a housebrick), but I wasn't aware the notification menu was one of them.

I wonder if it's related to the 'peel-corner' (for stickers).

Abb - if you could also advise which ASN display theme you're using (shown in a drop-down at the bottom right of each page), I'll look into it.

Thanks guys,

Rob.

Hi Rob, am using windows 7, and WAS on the ASN fixed display theme, just changed it to fluid, which seems to have fixed it! To be honest, am not the best with computers and had put it down to user error! lol Thank you for all your help.

Hi Abb,

Thanks for your relpy.

I'm glad you've found a workaround, but I'll have a look at the ASN Fixed theme to see if there's anything which needs tweaking.

EDIT: Just a heads-up, if you prefer to log-out of your account when leaving the computer, the 'peel' may inerfere with the log-out control depending on the width of your screen. We've put another link in the grey nav-bar for those who need it.

Don't hesitate to get in touch if you have any further problems,

All the best,

Rob.