Virus?

Mrmok

Reaction score
Just a quickie....

I was just on the post about replacing the batteries in the alarm unit ( http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/genera...a4-b6-alarm-siren-replace-nimh-batteries.html )
and my virus scanner popped open warning that there is a virus on the page. I think it was to do with one of the advert banners, not sure which one sorry. I had been on the page for a little while before it popped up.

Anyway, just letting you know to be careful

Yup, same story here, this is what I got.

This first.
virus3.png

Then when I close it, this pops up.
virus2.png

I had it on a different thread about 11am, refreshed and it went and I've not seen it since.

I have removed the Ads again as I think that's were the problem was. If anyone gets a warning can they please view page scource of the page that has caused the problem and send it to me.

Many thanks

A

WooHoo No adverts.

I know the adverts generate funds for the forum, which is fine but they are ****** annoying when you keep seeing the same ones all the time and some time you see them in stereo.

Yup, same story here, this is what I got.

This first.
virus3.png

Then when I close it, this pops up.
virus2.png

That is what pops up when im replying to a message. I assumed it was only happenning when i replied from my IPad as I am not sure what software I have on here that scans for viruses, but it happened late last night when I was on my laptop.

I have removed the Ads again as I think that's were the problem was. If anyone gets a warning can they please view page scource of the page that has caused the problem and send it to me.

Many thanks

A

Adam, I thought it may have been related to the Ads, at it was random. If you scroll up, I've posted pics of the possible threats, there's 2 links you can see in the pics, same as Sandra's posted up in the post above mine I think?

Many thanks

A

OK Adam, it just happened again on my lappy with the ads turned off!

just emailed admin@audi-sport.net with the page source code mate.

Aye spoke to a few lads this week who mentioned they also get this virus.

I get it every now and then when on the site and appears on any page. I clear my cookies and internet history evry week or so and it still comes up.

Wizza have you AVG ?

Last edited:
its malware i use malware bytes to get rid of it then immunized it so that it doesn't return search google for CNET UK | Technology Reviews, Product News and Prices and u can download the freeware there....... all legit. also search "spybot search and destroy" its a great program to have to clean up ur computer.hope this helps
:arco:

I did have Spybot but the Tea Timer was taking up silly amounts of memory. Might have to look into it again, but just make sure I don't install the Tea Timer.

if you dont like spybot u could also try "advance care systems" its a really good freeware program just doesnt pick up all the things that spybot does. and yeah the tea timer does get a bit annoying just disable it