Suggestions for Announcements, Changes etc

NHN

Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat
Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
When admin etc are making announcements, would it seem prudent to maybe make sure whenever a member logs into asn for the 1st time since the announcement, etc that they get a popup they have to read before actually perusing the forum, so they do read the announcement & therefore dont have any excuse saying I didnt see this & not keep posting, how, why, when, etc threads, posts for the given subject, surely this would help to keep some of the chunder of the site that really isnt neccessary & in long run we'd like to think would save mods, admin time explaining something they should have read already.

Is this even possible with the current incarnation of the VB?

Maybe an auto PM to all members to advise of changes, announcements, additions etc?

A typical example is the new classifieds selling changes implemented tonight, once that slides down the list of new posts, I'm not sure many will really read that as much as you'd like to think given most just click "whats new", now I could be wrong, but maybe a trial of this suggestion would be an idea, a forced read option I believe is more advantageous to admin staff & site runnings, once they close it or agree to if VB allows this kind of integration, then its basically an acceptance of new terms of the usage of the site?

None of that is built-in to VB unfortunately; but it's something I've had hacked-in in the past, and have been working-at getting back in.

We've got some other pots boiling at the moment but will see what can be done.

//R