New Site

No idea who runs the site tbh, but new layout/design is excellent. Much more fresh!

We only know that there is two of them and they live a Howard Hughes type existence being looked after by a religious sect sworn to secrecy in a castle in the Lechtaler Alps in Bavaria....I've probably said too much :shutup2:

Oh you must mean Dave and Jim...Smart Castle !

What new site ?? i still have the old one in a cut down, not quite working form !

Anyone else getting smaller font/text on there emails with updates of a thread?

the new site looks great really fresh and up to date congrats to the owners they have done a good job on it :)

Great looking improvement, i can only imagine the site is now better protected with the fancy new software, good choice by the way, impressed with the new look.:yes:

If any bugs are spotted can you do a screenshot and post here but give it two days for fine tuning.

Looks much better, (been reading up for a few days before I start asking all my questions!)

Why havnt i got this new site :-(..and the thanks have gone !!

I think the links is the result of SEO not having been run yet.

Give it a day of so and see if it updates when the SEO is refreshed

Why havnt i got this new site :-(..and the thanks have gone !!
Because you are special.lol

More likely, you have something else selected in your profile as the style chooser has gone.
It's kinda red and black wide style now

The wide screen is much better aswell, hated that $hite on the right hand side before, never used it at all!

So the site will eventually be red and black? Looks good as is, will see how it goes with black, sounds good thou!

Yea and its a narrow strip down the middle of the page ! not much wide style here ?

Well grey is only light black isn't it? LOL

Paddy, take a peak in your user CP and see what is selected in there as default style

so what was you saying about colours lol

Ok just so you can't say I'm not keeping an eye on this there are now two versions: a Fixed and a Fluid one so the everyone can be happy :)

My god Baz...what are you trying to do to me :) i have no C/panel !! Its Gone !!!!!!

Ah got ya ...Fluid setting seems to work. Preferred legacy black...

Loving the new site guys, wasn't loving the downtime though, had nothing to do at work for the past 2 days.

I forgive you though :)

*** Are you still fixing it?If not why ****** around with something that was fine (again).To say it is insipid is an understatement.Just like the management at my firm.Obviously got nothing better to do than change for the sake of change.

*** Are you still fixing it?If not why ****** around with something that was fine (again).To say it is insipid is an understatement.Just like the management at my firm.Obviously got nothing better to do than change for the sake of change.
they have changed it for the better mate i love the new site so do many others !

There is more to it than that. Functionality has always been a compromise. This time we are hoping for a more permenant solution with some extra features you all might enjoy, with stabilty to boot

yes new layout is nice but what about all the "thanks" that respected & helpful members accumulated??

There is more to it than that. Functionality has always been a compromise. This time we are hoping for a more permenant solution with some extra features you all might enjoy, with stabilty to boot
im sure there is,but why change the skin?I aint keen on the washed out look, the ochre coloured text of the last poster on a thread, the pale red bars...i thought my graphics card was playing up.Im also sure that a change of colour has no bearing on stability issues.Change the functionality etc by all means, but leave the skin alone.An 'extra feature' that would be great is to have a selection of skins to choose from.
@FranA3, Im glad you and others like it, but im fu%$"d off with so many parts of my existance that 'change' for the sake of it that its driving me mental.This site was the last straw after firefox updated to 4.0 which also changed its appearance.Ill go and sit in the corner for a while i think

The skin we had was adapted to suit and withe the recent update. just wouldnt work correctly. My chosen skin / sylte of grey folio black is still working.

The thanks are stored in a DB, but again the add on wouldn't interface with the update, so many things are happening behind the scenes to try and set it back up with no loss of current thanks. Other wise we will all have to start again

The skin we had was adapted to suit and withe the recent update. just wouldnt work correctly. My chosen skin / sylte of grey folio black is still working.

The thanks are stored in a DB, but again the add on wouldn't interface with the update, so many things are happening behind the scenes to try and set it back up with no loss of current thanks. Other wise we will all have to start again

Oh good! Happy days.

Well

THANKS!

Make sure you add that to the database ;)

Hi there Just so you all know we are testing the SEO and there is a bug in the IE version. I hope to have a solution in the next hour or so.

Many thanks

A

Last edited: