Monster MotorsportJMB Retrofits
Closed Thread

Thread: Forum Spam!

S3 Drift King!

Status

Angry Forum Spam!

Happy New Year guys!

We are currently experiencing a spam problem within the forum and know of the problem. I'm hopeful the Admin will look into it soon, as believe me when I say, it's doing the Mods nut in as it is to the members!

The main thing you guys can help us with is to report these by clicking on the 'Report Post' at the button of these spam posts, it's the triangle with exclamation mark icon! And the Moderators will be on the case as soon as we're online.

Also, please do not to reply to these posts, and definitely not use the 'quote' function, as we then have to delete your reply also, which is a PITA!

Cheers,

Joe

ASN mod

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

2. # ADS
    ADS

Audi fanatic

Status
    I moderate a forum
    do you not have access to part of the Administration Control Panel so you can delete IPs , users names and all posts in one hit
    if not you should have a word with the boss in your admin and mod discussion panel
    spaming is a ***** thou also i see you have no classifieds aproval system which leaves the site open also .

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by paul20v View Post
    I moderate a forum
    do you not have access to part of the Administration Control Panel so you can delete IPs , users names and all posts in one hit
    if not you should have a word with the boss in your admin and mod discussion panel
    spaming is a ***** thou also i see you have no classifieds aproval system which leaves the site open also .
    Nope sadly

Cylinder Head Master

Status
    Even more so now
    RIP S3dave/David Marshall stickers now available

FOR SALE
    None resonated Milltek exhaust,
    Adjustable FPR from 1-5 bar, 2 sets of Unused ARP 3/8 2000 rod bolts, relentless 200 cell cat pipe, Std AGU Crankshaft. Ported & Reconditioned Cylinder head service.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by paul20v View Post
    I moderate a forum
    We don't have that but if we do flag a post as spam on moderating tools all the posts will be removed so alls good.

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    I just clicked on the "Who's Online" link, and grouped the list by Location. All of those listed as "registering" looked pretty dodgy. This might be a way of mods and administrators picking them off early.
    Last edited by jdp1962; 9th January 2011 at 12:20.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jdp1962 View Post
    I just clicked on the "Who's Online" link, and grouped the list by Current Activity. All of those listed as "registering" looked pretty dodgy. This might be a way of mods and administrators picking them off early.
    yes,we could sit here and watch like sentries on guard

this thread seems to be having a stack of attention so its going to be locked anyone wish to discuss please PM one of the moderators