WSBOBO username multiple posting on 8L section? has the site been attacked?

badger5

www.badger5.co.uk
Site Sponsor
Reaction score
Website
www.badger5.co.uk
WSBOBO has posted many posts all an hour ago, on 8L section... but the posts do not show up?
Has the site been hacked/attacked?

Seen a load of his posts as well, but if i go to view the last post it comes up as a invalid link.

It's a Spam attack guys, the user WSBOBO has been dealt with already, but there seems to remain a trail of the username on the board, the Admin are looking into it.

Rob (FactionOne) deleted all of his posts and banned him. He was spamming the whole site with ads for replica handbags...

Evenin' folks.

As above, I banned/deleted the guy and his posts earlier; but although the posts are gone, any references to any of them in forum indexes as 'last posts' will still be shown - there are two ways for me to get around this... 1) rebuild a load of counters and caches; this will certainly fix the problem, but although it shouldn't be, experience tells me it's fairly server-intensive and may require taking the site down for a few minutes to get it done smoothly. Or, 2) as it doesn't really pose any massive problem, just wait until there are new replies and/or the affected posts are bumped down; and then those invalid 'last post' links will just disappear.

I'm thinking of running with option 2 - we're not even 12 hours on from the posts appearing, and most of the now-dead links have been bumped into oblivion, it's only a matter of time until the rest go the same way.

All the best,

Rob.