Monster MotorsportChris Nott
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: help

BMW aye right dead on..

Status

help

please will someone tell me why i cant post pics ? i have loaded all my pics onto facebook and got addresses for them. when i post my pic a box appears with a cross through it and the pic does not publish. when i read my posting permissions it says YOU MAY NOT POST ATTACHMENTS [IMG CODE IS ON] this is my third thread to try and find out what i am doing wrong and i have read all the threads relating to the subject. please someone who knows what they are talking about let me know in plain english what to do. what is the img code and what address should i use ie URL or htt ? i have been on this site for weeks and im not too hot with computers and this is driving me nuts. thank you..
    2002 1.9 tdi 130ish brake a4. full reiger body kit, 19 inch rs6 avant rims, eibach springs, home made grill, full leather interior, centre arm rest, quad powerflow exausts, a few engine mods, chrome door mirrors, aero wipers, s line door blades.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear
    Candy Tetris Champion, Mahjong Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Status
    All you need to do is create a Photobucket account, upload your pics and copy the IMG link and paste it in your post.
    "Swallow your pride occasionally, it's not fattening." - Frank Tyger
    "Avoid making irrevocable decisions while tired or hungry." - Robert Heinlein

BMW aye right dead on..

Status
    why is there no img link on facebook ?
    2002 1.9 tdi 130ish brake a4. full reiger body kit, 19 inch rs6 avant rims, eibach springs, home made grill, full leather interior, centre arm rest, quad powerflow exausts, a few engine mods, chrome door mirrors, aero wipers, s line door blades.

Status

BMW aye right dead on..

Status
    i have read all that and it doesnt work like i say its telling me YOU MAY NOT POST ATTACHMENTS IMG CODE IS ON.

BMW aye right dead on..

Status
    i want to be able to do it myself but no one can tell me why it says what it says about the img code.

Status
    Your missing something out,MikeSel has a walkthru guide there so you must be missing something,what name is your photobucket account under ?

BMW aye right dead on..

Status
    all my photos are on facebook

Status
    you will have to do it via photobucket...admin have been told of the facebook problem

BMW aye right dead on..

Status
    i have emailed admin 4 times about it and they didnt even bother to email me back its very fraustrating.

Status
    40,000 members are registered on here so a few emails go their way,register on photobucket and do it that way.

BMW aye right dead on..

Status
    i have put them on photobucket and it still doesnt work.

2nd Gear
    Hexxagon Champion

Status
    whats the name of your photobucket account?

6th Gear
    Candy Tetris Champion, Mahjong Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by BASS 666 View Post
    i have put them on photobucket and it still doesnt work.
    Once you have uploaded the pics. You should see a dialogue box, like this..

copy the IMG code and paste it in the ASN post.

It really is that simple.

Not sure what you're doing wrong.
    "Swallow your pride occasionally, it's not fattening." - Frank Tyger
    "Avoid making irrevocable decisions while tired or hungry." - Robert Heinlein

BMW aye right dead on..

Status
    honestly mate thats what im doing but like i say it says YOU MAY NOT POST ATTACHMENTS [IMG] CODE IS ON at the bottom of the page. i know im doing it right and admin wont answ my emails ..

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    I dont use the IMG code, I use the Direct Link, see if it works for you.

Mauritus Blue 3.2 V6 S Line Quattro DSG Xenons Sunroof Leather Sat Nav/Changer/TV/Text W8 & Int Light Pack Dark H/Lining Tints PDC S3 Kit '11 Rears Sachs/Eibachs & more... Build Thread

BMW aye right dead on..

Status
    hi sarah i have tryed that aswell jesus i must sound like a real nutjob..

BMW aye right dead on..

Status
    here it is..Posting Permissions
    • You may post new threads
    • You may post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may edit your posts
    Forum Rules

2nd Gear
    Hexxagon Champion

Status
    Mine says exactly the same :

Posted using the img code directly copped off photobucket.

BMW aye right dead on..

Status
    can you post pics mate ? duh you can cause that is a pic.

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    yeah mine says the same too! Odd isnt it. And you are using Photobucket???? If not, open an account and use it, worth a try. Out of interest, you are choosing the pic icon when you are posting and copying the link into that arnt you? this icon.
    Not meaning you are daft but some people dont realise and copy the link directly into the thread/post and not use the pic icon. Just a thought.

Mauritus Blue 3.2 V6 S Line Quattro DSG Xenons Sunroof Leather Sat Nav/Changer/TV/Text W8 & Int Light Pack Dark H/Lining Tints PDC S3 Kit '11 Rears Sachs/Eibachs & more... Build Thread

2nd Gear
    Hexxagon Champion

Status
    Try using another host like imageshack or something?

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by BASS 666 View Post
    hi sarah i have tryed that aswell jesus i must sound like a real nutjob..
    lol, no more than the rest of us! Dont worry we will figure it out for you.

BMW aye right dead on..

Status
    yeah when i use the pic icon a box pops up where you paste the address so i paste it and continue. a box pops up letting me know the pic has been posted then an x pops up in the middle off the box.

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    maybe try another host then. Odd though as photobuckets always worked for me. I take it photobucket is set up ok, have you looked in the set up in there just in case?

BMW aye right dead on..

Status
    well it gives me an img code so it must be ok. thanks for sticking me by the way..

2nd Gear
    Hexxagon Champion

Status
    BASS 666 post a picture up so i can quote you and have a look see if we can get this working.

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    lol, sure there will be a few of us trying to work it out lol. I just hate it when things dont work!

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    I always thought the red x was a sign the pic had been removed from the host!

BMW aye right dead on..

Status

img

hope this worked.

2nd Gear
    Hexxagon Champion

Status
    Works perfectly

BMW aye right dead on..

Status
    img code doesnt work so i tryed what you said sarah and it did woo hoo your a diamond thank you very much for puting up with me ..

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    lol, anytime, glad it helped! Nice alloys btw, Im after some of those one day!
    Now get posting some pics!!!

BMW aye right dead on..

Status
    thanks sarah and breezy

2nd Gear
    Hexxagon Champion

Status
    No worries m8 glad its all sorted nothing more annoying than not being able to post pictures of your pride and joy

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    #1 what Breezey said.

Its always nice to see everyone elses cars and what they have done to them