EM TuningMonster Motorsport
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Spell check

Audi=No fault code, no idea

Status

Spell check

This is the only site i know that dosnt work with spell check on windows 7 in internet explorer !
    when click the spell check icon the post disapears. Bloody nuisence.!!!
    Ibis white Revo S3 and now matching Vivaro LWB HR 2900 :-)

Many people are alive because its illegal to shoot them.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    use firefox Paddy its the buisnesss

Administrator

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by voorhees View Post
    use firefox Paddy its the buisnesss
    +1

Or, just learn to spell/type

1-1

//R
    Boot full of dog. Back seat full of lenses.

Status
    Thanks faction...very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by paddy View Post
    This is the only site i know that dosnt work with spell check on windows 7 in internet explorer !
    when click the spell check icon the post disapears. Bloody nuisence.!!!
    There is a free spell checker available for Internet Explorer (any version) called iSpell. I use it with my IE8. It doesn't check as you go along but puts an icon in the IE toolbar which you click when you finished your post and it finds any errors and offers options for you to click to correct. Do a search for iSpell and download it any try it. Personally I prefer IE8 to Firefox.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

Ads
    License to drive

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by FactionOne View Post
    Or, just learn to spell/type
    Thanks faction...very helpful.
    ........and straight out of the paddy school of posting.

Status
    Thanks Dave..Its just a shame that google tool bar spell check is so good but dosnt work on ASN. It works on all other forums and web site form boxes.

Aythreee...You know me !! a spade is a spade and all that... at a time when a lot of posters are moving to VAGOC you would think the mods would be a little more helpful here.

Administrator

Status
    Well if the post you made immediately before that one hadn't been so obtuse (but I'll get to that); I might've extended a bit more help than the blunt line above.

Anyway, it seems Dave might have a solution for you; and as I'm in a position to ignore other things a little better today, I query whether the internal IE spell check struggles with a) the quick reply box only, b) the advanced reply box only, or c) both. I could imagine it might struggle with the quick reply box, but work OK with the advanced reply box, given that the former is spawned via AJAX and the latter more standard means (IE really does struggle with anything remotely innovative).

I'd wager the reason you don't have issues anywhere else is because they're likely not running vBulletin 4 - which like it or loathe it, it (or technologies built-around it/based-on it) will spread sooner or later.

I can say it's extremely unlikely that we'll ever go backwards through the software development line; it might transpire that the makers of vBulletin capitulate and put a boat load of extra code into it in order to wipe IE's dirty little ass; but to be absolutely honest, I really hope they don't - the more sites there are which simply conform to standards, the greater the motivation for Microsoft to sort out their sh*t. Perhaps that might mean that the function in IE you're bothered about, is re-coded to work in a broader range of circumstances. In the meantime, I'm afraid you'll just have to use one workaround or another...

Regards,

Rob.
    Boot full of dog. Back seat full of lenses.

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    Aythreee...You know me !! a spade is a spade and all that... at a time when a lot of posters are moving to VAGOC you would think the mods would be a little more helpful here.
    How much more helpful could we possibly be?

None of us mods have access to the code, upgrade paths, servers, plugins that's admins job, and a damned fine one they do too.

If we just sat on a laurels and thought we won't move on, we will stay as we were without upgrading or inovating people would leave because they were bored of that, it's a lose / lose situation.

Paddy, I've just noticed the spell checker is called 'ieSpell' rather than 'iSpell' as I said in my earlier post. Obviously the spell checker does not check that it's own name has be typred correctly!!!
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3