Anyone done a Cruise and DIS Retrofit?

chrisash32

Reaction score
Hi All!
Just got all my parts to do the DIS and Cruise Retro fit!!! Excited! and worried at the same time! :think:

Just wanted to know if anyone else on here had done it themselves that i could pester / PM for advice if anything goes up the wall with mine...

If not that.... just any advice before i start.

Cheers!
Chris

not done it myself... I've got some good cotacts who will come to your house and tidy it all up for you if it goes horribly pear-shaped.... but that said, maybe not best to try until 4th Jan so the clean-up crew will be able to get to you ;)

not done it myself... I've got some good cotacts who will come to your house and tidy it all up for you if it goes horribly pear-shaped.... but that said, maybe not best to try until 4th Jan so the clean-up crew will be able to get to you ;)

lol, clean up crew on standby sounds good!
just missing one or two tools now and thats it! Its the programming side thats worrying me more than anything i think!

oh.. and i am going to stand well clear when i re-connect the battery after refitting the air bag!!! :undwech:

I did just the DIS install, took a couple of hours and all went smoothly enough. I think adding the cruise is just a matter of fitting the stalk and SWCM and doing a bit more coding. The scariest bit it removing the plug from the airbag...

here is my write up on it..

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=78732

thanks!
In your thread you mention this URL:
http://sites.google.com/site/ade2ade/a4-cruise-coding

Now, i cant seem to get that to work in any browser.. the page loads fine but the drop down box's to work out codes etc etc just don't work.

Is it the same for anyone else?

Cheers
Chris

yep, same for me.

chris, get it fitted mate, we'll sort your coding out between us on here.
i retro fitted my cruise, doddle mate, did you get the two tiny threaded screws with it?
are you sure the rest of it is compatible, ie: module etc.

Allways wanted to do a cruise on mine anyone got a stalk nocking about. dont you need a new steering column cowling

nut, you do but its not essential, on the one youve got, if you remove it you will see a line where the cut out should be, a two minute job to cut it out yourself and save £25, really easy job mate.
do you have a multi wheel, you may need a new module to add cruise.
i upgraged mine when i changed my sterring wheel to a FBMFSW.

yep, same for me.

chris, get it fitted mate, we'll sort your coding out between us on here.
i retro fitted my cruise, doddle mate, did you get the two tiny threaded screws with it?
are you sure the rest of it is compatible, ie: module etc.

yep, got a new module and the screws etc etc...
Just about to start mine now...

Wish me luck as my vag-com has just started playing up too!!!! eeeep!

youll be fine, if your stuck, give me a shout and ill plug in and go through it with you

no im in the midlands but you can have my number and ill plug into my car and go through the codes with you over the phone whilst your plugged in your end to your car, or you can scan it and post it up on along with the bits your fitting and we'll sort the codes for you.

no im in the midlands but you can have my number and ill plug into my car and go through the codes with you over the phone whilst your plugged in your end to your car, or you can scan it and post it up on along with the bits your fitting and we'll sort the codes for you.

Thanks, well i am half way through the fitting at the moment! Just done Pin 1 on the clocks and put it ready to do my bottle with tomorrow.

Going to hopefully get it all coded up tonight all being well!

Any idea what my login would be for the ABS?

Audi A4 1.9 TDi Sport Avant?

I will PM you my number..

Thanks a lot!

Cheers!
Chris

Just out of interest, how much has this cost you chrisash? I'm considering cruise, but already have dis. How's it all going?

hmmm
It doest seem to have gone swimmingly well...

All is fitted ok... and DIS is active...
However it just does not seem to be coding correctly...

Here are my faults:

---------------------

Thursday,24,December,2009,21:33:50:26365
VCDS Version: Release 805.0
-------------------------------
Address 01: Engine
Control Module Part Number: 038 906 019 LJ
Component and/or Version: 1,9l R4 EDC G000SG 4910
Software Coding: 00002
Work Shop Code: WSC 63251
Additional Info: WAUZZZ8E54A160115 AUZ6Z0C0406934
2 Faults Found:

17977 - Cruise Control Switch (E45): Implausible Signal
P1569 - 35-00 - -
18097 - Powertrain Data Bus: Implausible Message from Elect. Load Controller
P1689 - 35-00 - -

Readiness: 0 0 0 0 1

-------------------------------

Thursday,24,December,2009,21:34:59:26365
VCDS Version: Release 805.0

Address 03: ABS Brakes
Control Module Part Number: 8E0 614 517
Component and/or Version: ABS/ESP front 3429
Software Coding: 00000
Work Shop Code: WSC 00000
2 Faults Found:

00778 - Steering Angle Sensor (G85)
66-10 - Not Matched - Intermittent
01044 - Control Module Incorrectly Coded
35-00 - -

--------------------

Tried to code it 5 - 6 times now on the ABS side of things... all goes ok, and on the last step where it says faults should be cleared, they are..

however warning still stay son dashboard and when i restart the car all the same fault codes for ABS come back.

As for the engine fault codes... cruise control works fine, so i don't know what its problem is..

I have driven for 4 mile to see if the faults disappear on their own and they don't :(

HELP!! Ideas?

Cheers!
Chris

What version of vagcom software are you using? do you have a genuine VCDS not an ebay special.

What version of vagcom software are you using? do you have a genuine VCDS not an ebay special.

HaHa.. 805.0... is my cable genuine? Sore subject... In short i don think so.. Although it was sold to me as genuine and i paid a rather large sum of money for it..
After about 5 use's it popped up once or twice with "unlicensed interface" which at first i thought was because it was on a mac. but i wanted to know for sure, now the guy i bought it from cant be found for love nor money.. So i think i have been done over on a none genuine lead..
Do you think that could be my issue? as i don't really have any problems with it..

Guess i need to spend another £200+ and get a lead from a reputable supplier?

Cheers
Chris

anyone got a genuine vag-com near me? South Manchester / Cheshire?
That wouldn't mind having a shot at this for me in exchange for beer like favours??

Cheers
Chris

No, not got the RNS-E, why?
Would like it though!!

no worries - was just gonna ask how the switching between DIS and SatNav directions on the DIS screen was working for you... there can be some probs.

well worth the upgrade - really sharpens up the whole interior and integrates in with the rest of the Audi kit very well!!

yeh, i really want to upgrade mine.

question though... how come some of them have a lip between the RNS-E and the Climate unit and then some of them done (flush fit)...
Is this a bi-product of a retrofit?

Cheers
Chris

do you mean the climate is set back in further than the rns-e, i thought they all were, dont recall seeing any with the front faces all flush, i may be wrong, just havent noticed, my climates deffo set back from my rns-e, theres a chrome strip at the bottom of the rns-e that rounds under and stops level with the face of the climate, cant see how it could be flush.
heres a pic of mine.

DSC03142.jpg

Last edited:
not sure if that is a product of the retro-fit, but mine definitely has a step.... never noticed it before.... never even knew it should be a flush fit..... bah!!! I will know now!

Last edited:
gimme 5, will gab some pics i seen earlier online of OEM vs Retrofit..

that interior on the cab is stunning btw!! Love the Steering wheel, thats exactly what i want!!

losty, yours is more or less identicle inside aint it, no wait GET SOME PEDALS !!! lol

losty, yours is more or less identicle inside aint it, no wait GET SOME PEDALS !!! lol

ha ha.... now go away!!!

already got a quote from pjmspeedy and the part numbers all lined up... will probably have them in once the March bonus comes in... (fingers crossed)

chrisash, not convinced buddy, the chrome strip underneath the stereo wouldnt let it sit flush, also lostys is exactly the same.

chrisash, not convinced buddy, the chrome strip underneath the stereo wouldnt let it sit flush, also lostys is exactly the same.

i am doubting myself now.. just trying to find the photo's that i was looking at earlier...

losty, are you getting the deadman aswell, make sure you get the right one mate, alot of left hand drive ones about, and they aint cheap.

chris, dont worry to much mate,cause if you do find it and and it looks better, then thats going to cost us all more money lol

losty, are you getting the deadman aswell, make sure you get the right one mate, alot of left hand drive ones about, and they aint cheap.

chris, dont worry to much mate,cause if you do find it and and it looks better, then thats going to cost us all more money lol

lol, you win! How much are the peddles btw? Oh and the Steering wheel mod?? ah, and the RNS-E... uh oh.. this list is going to be endless!

pedals are about £70 inc postage, that dont include the deadman, about £110 with that.
rns-e can be got for around £400 - £450, if you have single din stereo you need to change cage to double din about £50.
fbmfsw, thats a different story, module and slipring requires changing, plus cost of wheel and airbag, that can get very expensive, wouldnt want to tell you what mine cost, youd be to jealous, lol bargain.
obviously all the above require fitting, which arent hard to be honest, just depends how handy you class yourself.

without doubt, the pedals are the worst to fit, there a ******* !!!

I have to ask one thing... what the hell is "the deadman".... loll

I have just changed my SCCM to one of a B7 that supports MFSW, so that shouldn't be an issue.. However its the whole dual and single stage airbag thing that worries me..

I seen a wheel go on eBay, christmas eve for £46 including bag... Exactly what i wanted too. Just this stuff about the newer wheels not working with the older cars air bags etc etc put me off, so i left it!

pedals are about £70 inc postage, that dont include the deadman, about £110 with that.
rns-e can be got for around £400 - £450, if you have single din stereo you need to change cage to double din about £50.
fbmfsw, thats a different story, module and slipring requires changing, plus cost of wheel and airbag, that can get very expensive, wouldnt want to tell you what mine cost, youd be to jealous, lol bargain.
obviously all the above require fitting, which arent hard to be honest, just depends how handy you class yourself.

without doubt, the pedals are the worst to fit, there a ******* !!!