2002 S3 upgrade xenons

Jonezy87

Reaction score
i have a 2002 s3 with factory zenons which i belive are 4300k?

just a quick question to see if i could just buy replacement bulbs of say 6000k and fit them?
also what buld is my dipped beam and main beam?

many thanks

Yes you can buy replacement bulbs. But 6k is about the best. Any more and you're not getting more light, just a bluer colour

I think they are H7/H4?

If you want to change the xenon bulb you'll need to replace it with a D2S fitment bulb. 4300k produces the most useable light, 6000k will just produce more glare and blue tint which is not good for your eyes and other road users. If you're doing it for looks consider 5000k which is a good tradeoff.

Also bear in mind that the S3 projectors are **** which is why you can't see much at night.

Golf did you notice much improvement with newer lamps....without changing the projectors....

so what fitment is the dipped beam and what fitment is the main beam?

been looking around at this but seen a mixture of h7,h1 and d2s!!

cheers

Golf did you notice much improvement with newer lamps....without changing the projectors....

Well, the bulbs themselves didn't make too much difference, just looked a little sharper in a side by side comparison, but I raised the beam very slightly which helped a lot. If I could be bothered I'd change the projectors, as this is the weak point of the S3 and many xenon equipped Audis. Just take a look at the projectors in the Porsches, Mercs and new BMW's, and you get a clear cutoff with a nice bit of colour flicker. Even Renault Clio's have better projectors than an S3!

so what fitment is the dipped beam and what fitment is the main beam?

been looking around at this but seen a mixture of h7,h1 and d2s!!

cheers

As has already been mentioned:

Dipped beam is D2S, this is the bulb you use for night time driving.
Main beam is H7 and this is the bulb for dark country roads or flashing someone.

by any chance does anyone know how much work is involved in changing the projectors. honda S2000 look like they do the job properly. also my lenses have a film or rubbish over them is there a way to polish them out. i just think its a build up dirt and grime.