Goodbye MK2 TT... Hello S3 Sportback

SafTT

Reaction score
Hi Dudes,

After much deliberation I have finally found a suitable replacement for my Ibis White Mk2 TT.

Have just become the proud new owner of an Sprint Blue S3 Sportback :wub: :hubbahubba:

Looking forward to discussing all things Audi with you guys

Kind Regards
Saf

lol!

Cheers Boydie

The next one will have the an R in there somewhere!!!:eyebrows:

Hi Saf, I am looking for one myself, did you get a good deal?

Hi Norky,

Get one, you wont regret it! :yahoo:

I managed to get 8% off the list price. Also got the dealer to find alternative finance options as the Audi Finance quote was for too rich for me.

I also got £18500 for my TT, Glass Guide said it was worth £19200. Considering that the service light was on, there was a minor ding on the front driver-side arch and it needed 4 new tyres, I think I got a reasonable deal.

Have heard some people getting upto 10+% off but that was a few months ago

Saf

I'm being told that the allowance has now been lowered for each dealership so that they now only make 14%, Apparently Audi UK are struggling to get new stock so are now putting presssure on dealerships to reduce the discounts, I think if you are lucky and in the right place, right time scenario you could still get a blinding deal just depends how desperate they are to hit their figures.

Welcome pal.

15% sounds like a cracking discount!

I'm not that fussed tbh as its a company car. The discount doesnt affect the P11D value therefore doesnt cost be less. I just refuse to pay list price on anything:eyebrows:

I'm being told that the allowance has now been lowered for each dealership so that they now only make 14%

I wouldn't believe this info, as I remember being offered a crazy price on pre-facelift stock items by the dealers. Brand new, a black 3 door and a red 3 door, extras & taxes included, EUR 33,000. The normal price, no extras included was 39.000, and we all know how much audi optional equipment costs!

I also received a 13% discount on the SB (stock item too), which suggests that 14% is not their real margin. It's just my opinion though, I can't state any facts for that matter.

I managed 13% too, I was probaby spun this line to make me feel good, it worked too !!
8 8 % or whatever I still think the S3 offers great value for money, just take a look at the price of the new Golf R, add leather and xenons and you will see what I mean.

On second hand, what mark up is typical for the Audi dealer to have in the car, does anyone know?

I've been going around a few dealers for the past month or so and couldn't find the 10 or 11%s other people have got, maybe those days are over or I could be s**t at negotiating. Anyhow I got 8%, but with not bad px, equivalent to nearly 10% at another dealer who laughed me out the shop when I went to see if they would beat it.

So signed up yesterday for a March delivery :s3addict::hubbahubba:

On second hand, what mark up is typical for the Audi dealer to have in the car, does anyone know?

Very car dependant but i would have said around 10%, not a huge amount of used stock around so harder to negotiate on these.

I was being quoted a lead time of Jan/Feb for new orders. Quite a few available from stock, if you're flexible with options.

There was only one Sprint Blue Sportback with Buckets, Nav, Bose and Phone Prep in the country.

@ Norky - There was/is a rather tasty Ibis Sportback with Buckets, Bose, Phone Prep and Panoramic Roof at Birmingham Audi. Its got no Sat-Nav though and is an Stronic. Dealer was offering me about 8% off, you may be able to negotiate a bigger discount.

Here we go Ladies and Gents

I present to you the Audi S3 Sportback!!! (Not the best photography)

DSC04901.jpg

DSC04903.jpg

DSC04907.jpg

DSC04913.jpg

DSC04923.jpg

DSC04929.jpg

DSC04933.jpg

DSC04934.jpg

DSC04928.jpg

:wub: :wub: :hubbahubba: :hubbahubba: :wub: :wub:

Last edited:
I hope its the 2010 RSNE, only picked her up last week!!!
How do I check?

I think it is the 2010 RNSE you got. The new ones have media button instead of cd/tv. Not 100% sure though.

Thanks Kitsang,

Just spoke with the dealer, he says I have RSNe 2010. Its got AMI which apparently is only available on the 2010, unless of course you upgrade the software on older versions. Also has a Higher Resolution screen, since I have never used the previous RSNe I cant comment on its quality.

Also mentioned something about a 3D View which I cant understand but have posted a new thread for this topic

Thanks
Saf

Now thats a beautiful S3. In the best colour....Congratz on the new car.
Black Styling looks good. Enjoy the car

Stunning looking car mate....got to wait until March for mine :faint:

...the 'shark fin' looks cool - what do you need to have in order for this to be a factory fit - is it the sat nav or the phone prep?

Cheers.

Thanks guys, really enjoying it, especially with this weather we've been having. Completely different animal to the FWD TT.

AFAIK the shark fin comes with phone prep provided you have the connector in the front centre armrest and/or sat nav.