40mm Drop with new wheels

drivebycar

Reaction score
Hi all,

Ive just fitted a set of rs4 reps from rimstyle on my a3 1.8t, and they seem to sit quite far out. This looks good and im not complaining as it save the need for any spacers.

However, I want to lower it 40mm now on shocks and springs, and am a bit worried that they might rub on the arches? I wanted to go 40mm as I have done some research and this seems to be the right drop for my car, so wondered if anyone else had dropped 40mm on rs4's from rimstyle!?

I suppose tucking the wheels slightly could be an option??

All help accepted!

Yeah they are 18's.

Do you have any slightly cheaper kits Damien? Looking to spend maybe 250-300, however if thats gonna savage the ride quality I will look to spend a bit more.

i can personaly rate that kit as ive got the same one with my RS4 Reps and got it from Damian too. Get that kit, money well spent in my book :arco:

Your car looks hench so will definately consider it =D

Where were your reps from? I presume most of the reps out there must come from the same place, did you find them close to the outer arch in width?

My A3 1.8T is on a Wietec Ultra GT kit (40mm) and running 18" RS4 reps and its spot on. No clearance issues at all :D

The offset on my wheels is ET35 FYI.

Here's a pic...

3638246687_230e56a4fd_b.jpg

3639063876_9def635aa7_b.jpg

I'd suggest he Wietec kit also, its quality.

T

My A3 1.8T is on a Wietec Ultra GT kit (40mm) and running 18" RS4 reps and its spot on. No clearance issues at all :D

Here's a pic...

T

That looks good. What's the ride like on the Weitecs? Compliant? Harsh?

Hi all,

Ive just fitted a set of rs4 reps from rimstyle on my a3 1.8t, and they seem to sit quite far out.............and am a bit worried that they might rub on the arches? ........

Got any pics?

I'm hopefully ordering some wheels from Rimstyle in the next day or so - if the buggers would just answer my e:mail / pick-up the phone that is!!!

Are they 18's? If so you should be fine with a 40mm drop and I'd suggest the Weitec Ultra GT as a really good option.

https://www.dpmperformance.co.uk/we...cks-suspension-kit-a3-8l-18t-0996-p-1451.html

Damian @ DPM
comeon damian your the pro here, its the offset that effects the position of the wheel in the arch you need to check the offset on the inside of the wheel or inside where the hub centre goes if its anywhere near et35 then there be fine with a 40mm drop

Yep, as has been said you need the right offset and ET35 is spot on for a 40mm drop.

The ride on the Wietec is fine, its the 18's that make it feel harder than it is though!. When I ran my standard wheels the ride was just as smooth as standard with the Wietec kit on :)

comeon damian your the pro here, its the offset that effects the position of the wheel in the arch you need to check the offset on the inside of the wheel or inside where the hub centre goes if its anywhere near et35 then there be fine with a 40mm drop

I already know that the Rimstyle RS4 reps are ET38 so I just needed to make sure he hadn't went for 19's as you may get some rubbing with the 40mm kit but he's went for 18's so all is good.

Damian @ DPM

Here's a pic...

T

Tom the alloys look perfect and the ride height! Looks like good deisgn!

just to throw another option in!:p
how bout the kw 40mm all round kit?fitted it to my car at the weekend,seems to be bedding in nicely,haven't driven it much lately but from what i can tell its a really improved ride!
not harsh at all yet still very responsive and much more sporty,i love it!
still want to order and fit the kw arb's to go with it will have to wait a week or 2.
i'll upload some pics in a few days once the setup has bedded in more :)

If you want to follow me around and clean all the crud off my nice clean paintwork that these wheels flick up then we have a deal :)

Eeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.........

:tumble:

:end_of_discction:

hi. Do you know if these rs4 reps are still on rimstyle as I cant find them? thanks

Not sure, you can get them a lots of other places though :)

i have 19" RS4 rep on my S3, ive had them for 6 weeks, it hadnt been lowered until today, it failed its MOT on tuesday because of both rear springs, so perfect oppertunity to have eibach springs fitted it looks and drives superb, im having my original wheels beadblasted and sprayed and at least 7 coats of laquer, they should be ready for next week hence my repicas very neary band new for sale.

My wheels actually pertrude the arches ever so slightly at the front but tuck in quite nicely on cornering... mine is lowered about 40mm, maybe a little more and i've had no problems