Todays ebay bargain :)

quattrojames

Staff member
Reaction score
S4 grille, £20 buy it now :salute:

It came today and it is exactly as the picture :rockwoot:

%21BWZF8lgBGk%7E$%28KGrHgoH-DIEjlLlvEUjBK%28NQ5mluw%7E%7E_1.JPG

I cleaned the grille up and fitted to the car using the black surround of my exisiting grille. The hardest bit was making the quattro badge fit!

I really like the graphite colour of the centre, but am not too sure it suits the black of the trim or the grey of my car. I think I might be need to spray it black...? Think you did that too Juss?

Also not too sure it suits the quattro badge as well as the other one....

Ignore the bottom half of the car, i will be sourcing a lower S4 grille or replacement bumper in due course.

S4Grille003.jpg

S4Grille004.jpg

S4Grille005.jpg

S4Grille006.jpg

Yeah I see where you coming from James!...

Ok so what if you wait till you get your Lower s4 grill then when both are fitted - get the pics up and maybe a Photoshop will help decide? but I reckon you'll get away with the inners staying grey and will coordinate well with your existing.

Failing that then Spray both black but I wouldnt spray it yet until you have the bottom piece!

I personally think as the grill is now (in that Pic) it matches very well. Maybe we're seeing it in different light.
The Badge looks ok to me aswell , id leave it on......unless you tempted to get the S4 badge lol - joking!!!

:o.k:

That looks like the wrong grill for your model, I will take it off your hands for £25... Just trying to help you out ;-)

Looks good, I'm not too sure about the black surround with the grey S4 grill..

Looks good, I'm not too sure about the black surround with the grey S4 grill..

No I'm not convinced yet, but thankyou for your offer!

Like Juss says I'm not going to rush into anything until as and when i source an S4 lower grille, but I guess my choices are to spray the grille centres stain black (seems a shame as I like the graphite colour just maybe not with my colour car ...) or to return to a chrome trim again.

One idea is to cut a lower S4 grille into my standard bumper, this has been done in the pic below and suits the chrome quite well I think .....

I dunno :shrug:

Audizine.jpg

More ramblings and pictures stolen from Audizine ......

Just pondering the options I have with a standard bumper for now.

This the mod with both S4 grilles dechromed:

S45.jpg

Alternatively I could cut down the mesh of the S4 lower grille to fit in the standard size aperture to avoid butchering my bumper, like these two:

S43.jpg

S42.jpg

Here is a pic of the cut down mod on a Dolphin Grey car:

S44.jpg

Well done for getting it for £20 James :applaus:
Personally I'd cut it down and just black the surrounds :thumbsup: I think it would look good on your car

Audizine.jpg

HI
sorry to jump in on this thread but whats the spoiler on the bottom of this bumper because i like it :) its just what the standard bumper needs to give it that something.

It is a SEAT Cupra R front splitter, they are just over £20 from the dealer. Do a search in the B6 and B7 sections there's loads of info ;)

I wonder what an S4 bumper would cost ....?
Don't forget James you will have to fit headlight washers as well if you go for the S4 bumper. I don't think the S4 was available without zenon headlights. I have had a look on Etka and I think the S4 bumper is about £350 plus new grills.

Don't forget James you will have to fit headlight washers as well if you go for the S4 bumper. I don't think the S4 was available without zenon headlights. I have had a look on Etka and I think the S4 bumper is about £350 plus new grills.

Yes fair point. In honesty that wouldn't bother me, previous experience with this kind of headlight washer has taught me that all they do is drain your washer bottle, spray water all over the bonnet and not actually clean your lights! Can anyone confirm otherwise........ If an S4 bumper comes with just the blanks that would be fine with me.

I was just perusing Audizine as is my want these days, and an S4 bumper means i could do this with S6 LED's: :cool:

IMG_3991.jpg

Ok I have never been a fan of black rings against a black grille, but now I have a graphite coloured grille .....

Blackrings001.jpg

Blackrings002.jpg

Blackrings003.jpg

Last edited:
Not too sure about the black rings with the graphite, can't decide. Possibly a bit busy? Might just be sending my eyes funny lol but may grow on me. I'll probably love them tomorrow, lol.

Love the S4 bumper with leds.

...soon as your Joey mod is done, it'll all tie in!;)

Not too sure about the black rings with the graphite, can't decide. Possibly a bit busy? Might just be sending my eyes funny lol but may grow on me. I'll probably love them tomorrow, lol.

The photo's arent great, they look really good in the flesh - kind of a 3D look, very different.

...soon as your Joey mod is done, it'll all tie in!;)

I'm just waiting for the 'how to' guide someone promised me ;)

Looking good there james!!

I'll second that the black rings, on a graphite grill do look a lot better in the flesh than
they do in the photo's.

Have you always had the audi rings on the doors?....never noticed them before

Have you always had the audi rings on the doors?....never noticed them before

They have been on a month or more, just a trial fit at the moment to see if I like them and I think I do. I have a new set waiting to be fitted which I will do when I have the time and inclination! I have practiced with these so know the look I want to acheive :thumbsup:

The original thread is HERE.

The photo's arent great, they look really good in the flesh - kind of a 3D look, very different.

Yeah, it's probably just the photo's and as Juss said maybe it's just missing the Joey mod which I must say looks rather special :)

:blush:...I should be doing another few sets in a few weeks when I have a couple of days spare. Ill defo be doing a serious step by step guide.....and putting it on Ebay for £2.99 buy it now.lol...;)