Front wheel drive S3 :(

Interesting!

The Front Driver is manual and the Quattro is DSG and more efficient.

Is it me, or has the inclusion of a FWD just devalued the whole "S" range thing?

Did everyone know about this?

I just saw it on the Audi Configurator. Basic price about 2 grand less than the quattro.

wtf?

lol, I noticed this last week. A man in the know has confirmed that it is an error, probably by the work experience guy. The price difference is about the same as the DSG box so probably something to do with that. We would have heard before it appeared on the configurator if it were true.

lol, I noticed this last week. A man in the know has confirmed that it is an error, probably by the work experience guy. ue.

You must be right of course; i had considered that the price of the FF version was pretty much the price of a quattro manual; but you would expect a company like Audi to get that sort of thing fixed pretty pronto wouldn't you?

The Cupra R would be too much competition for a start - performance and price wise, not image/quality etc...

Moreover, I think it would be the first S car not to have Quattro, which is their USP in the segment. It would be like BMWs M Division making a 4wd turbo charged car(s) - Oh wait, actually...:fart:

Here is my original post.

As for that advert about the 2010 S3 - what a load of pump. Obviously it is an 8L and it states V6 in one sentence then V8 in another. Internet trash.

I spotted that to...but assumed it was quattro vs quattro S-Tronic (or whatever it's called this week) and a website error.

All 'S' & 'RS' cars are quattros aren't they?

Guys,

I haven't been on the site for a while and was just looking at the Audi configurator. I rushed on here to tell you all about the S3 front wheel drive option and came across this thread.

Good to see Audi still can't get their act together with the online configurator!!

lol, just read that article from the website that was posted! so funny, they say the s3 with its 3.0 v6 and then go on the say the engine in the s3 is great, its a twin turbo v8! i think the s3 should have things that other a3 don't. they should only do it in quattro

This had me worried for a moment, I ordered my new one not long ago, and don't remember actually stipulating that I want Quattro (you dont really expect to with an S), worried I was going to end up with a FWD....i'd have cried after waiting all that time if it had turned up like that!

Last edited:
This had me worried for a moment, I ordered my new one not long ago, and don't remember actually stipulating that I want Quattro (you dont really expect to with an S), worried I was going to end up with a FWD....i'd have cried after waiting all that time if it had turned up like that!

If that happened to you i'd cry too! But way to make an FF owner feel bad lol :sorry:

OT but in ref to the reviewcar.com site posted above, it's a spam site which appears to have harvested/gathered random information about S3's from various sources on the Internet, put it together so it half made sense (hence the V6/V8 and 8L pic inaccuracies) and saved it on the website, which will be a totally automated process. The main reason for doing this is because the information (text) is so manipulated that the search engines do not see it as duplicate content that is stored elsewhere on the Internet but rather unique content so it is ranked higher in the search results... and we can all guess that search engine traffic = advertising revenue.

I hope this makes sense...it's getting late...

OT but in ref to the reviewcar.com site posted above, it's a spam site which appears to have harvested/gathered random information about S3's from various sources on the Internet, put it together so it half made sense (hence the V6/V8 and 8L pic inaccuracies) and saved it on the website, which will be a totally automated process. The main reason for doing this is because the information (text) is so manipulated that the search engines do not see it as duplicate content that is stored elsewhere on the Internet but rather unique content so it is ranked higher in the search results... and we can all guess that search engine traffic = advertising revenue.

I hope this makes sense...it's getting late...

You just saved me a few minutes of typing, as I was about to explain why the information was purposely vague and completely copied from other sources regarding the entire Audi range and not just the S3.