In for a front end re-spray :(

warren_S5

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
DSC_9475.JPG

A couple of weeks ago I was waxing the front of the car when I noticed what I first thought appeared to be a stone chip.

Over the next couple of weeks the lacquer started to flake around the edge and then the spot turned into quite a large imperfection are of about an inch by 3 inches or so (man inches!). It's gone right down to base coat.

Took the car back to the garage who did the respray last year (when a Land Rover decided to reverse back into me at a junction), and straight away he agreed to cover the cost of the repairs as all their work is warrantied for 5 years. No arguments, no questions. He even deferred the job until he could get back into the office from annual leave as he wanted to oversee the work.

So I am now in a Fester 1.25 Style for the next 3 days, but at least the car will look good again after a REALLY bad year for stone chip damage. Nice to be able to bring up a story relating to the motor trade where service has come with a smile! As this will be the 3rd time this car has been touched up in 3 years lets hope its 3rd time lucky!

Hopefully after reading the other thread about the S3 which has been raced 80 miles across a county, I won't be seeing mine about doing similar :faint:

Sorry to see what happend warren. Nasty mark mind, think if would of carred on flaking if you didnt get it in for a touch up?
Glad it was that easy for you to get it sorted and not costing you a penny.
Yes and lets hope yours wont be doing the same as Andy's S3. When the car back if you can get some after photos please.

Thanks

Ashley

Yes and lets hope yours wont be doing the same as Andy's S3. When the car back if you can get some after photos please.

Thanks

Ashley

I popped over to see Andy on Saturday night but he'd gone out. Am planning to go round his on Thursday when I get the car back.

Once it's had some AutoGlym Hi-Def wax applied at the weekend I'll bung a piccy up. She is pretty standard on the outside except for a Revo sticker on the back in silver!

I've just dropped mine off for exactly the same issue. Clearcoat failure on the front bumper in three places. To the best of my knowledge the car had never been resprayed and Audi are repairing it under warranty, I'm just praying it comes back looking as nice or better as when it went in.

Had my previous S3 repaired under warranty due to some laquer failure on passenger door, Audi paid up no problem and the work was top quality.

Motor will be mint when its done and feel damn fast so some good news for you :)

Funnily enough I had the lacquer failure on the front of mine too. Again all sorted and they did a good job ;)

DSC_0001.JPG

It's back and it's clean. Paint shop did bonnet/bumper and front wing blend to get it looking fresh, and for once it is not cost me anything.

Really tidy job, apologies its not the best picture but I was in a hurry!

look nice mate mine is absolutely battered in paint chips it pees me right off......

look nice mate mine is absolutely battered in paint chips it pees me right off......

am sorely tempted to get on of these, but they make your car look like 'the gimp'.

I can imagine myself saying to the wife, "Get out the gimp" when I want the car out of the garage an its not right a man of my age saying that!

i know what you mean but no way man it really makes you look like a **** imho im gonna sort my chips out and get some clear lamin x on you cant even tell its there and totally protects the paint ...

i know what you mean but no way man it really makes you look like a **** imho im gonna sort my chips out and get some clear lamin x on you cant even tell its there and totally protects the paint ...

does sound the better idea of the two!

im defo getting some once i sort these chips out im attempting them myself i got some lava grey touch up paint from audi today im bricking it hope it works out i dont have a pollish machine so gona try it by hand.....lol

self fit????

I can do most things, but I'm not sure I'd want to do that. Must look crap if you get dust / dirt under it.

I would like this product, but done by them in a clean room environment. Going to give them a bell. Cheers

If it was done in a windless garage wash your car and use meguire quick detailer it would be fine...Its meant to be very easy and forgiving to apply you just do it with a hair dryer .But i know what you mean id rather it be done by them but when there doin it 50 times a day i wreckon id be more perfectionist that they would if you know what i mean its hard to be totally proffessional and perfectionist when your throwing 50 of these on a day i bet quite a few get imperfections or maybe not either way much better than a bonnet bra lol ....Gonna do my lights in subtle tint and get the clear put on my bonnet and front spoiler should last years then when i come to sell it peel it off and vwallah they guy will love it .......perfect