Illuminated Door Handles

gregormac

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hello all, looking for a bit of assistance.

Im trying to find the part number for the illuminated door handles for a 09 Sportback. i have the Optics and the Led, but its the actual door handle itself. ive searched in ETKS but no joy,

If anyone has the illuminated handles can tehy get the part no or send me some close up piccys. Its maybe as simple as having to mod the door handle or maybe there is a lens.

Thx

Gregor

Reactions: SRT
Hello all, looking for a bit of assistance.

Im trying to find the part number for the illuminated door handles for a 09 Sportback. i have the Optics and the Led, but its the actual door handle itself. ive searched in ETKS but no joy,

If anyone has the illuminated handles can tehy get the part no or send me some close up piccys. Its maybe as simple as having to mod the door handle or maybe there is a lens.

Thx

Gregor

I don't think it's the handles themselves that are illuminated, just LEDs in the recess to light up the silver handles. At least that's what it is on my 2007 Sportback.

Just has a quick look in ETKA and they are just a fibre optic conductor and an LED with bracket. The actual handles are the same as normal.

Just been out and had a look at mine. The handles will be the same but the dor card itself has a thin, what looks like perspex lens cover about 2 - 3 mm x about 3cm long

Any chance you can PM me a picture?

Just been out and had a look at mine. The handles will be the same but the dor card itself has a thin, what looks like perspex lens cover about 2 - 3 mm x about 3cm long

Here you go. Hope they help

IMG_1610.jpg

IMG_1621.jpg

This does mate, I just need to carefully mod the handles for this to fit

Cheers

To note, earlier pre-09 facelift cars had different handles for illumination, not just led's & the optic plastic trim, facelift only shows one type of handle so it must already have the cutouts in place for new facelift cars incase they want illumination pack, where as the older cars wont have the rectangle cutout for the strip/led, so beware, etka shows this

Reactions: Sid-84
I thought you meant exterior door handles. I've seen BMW 3Series with em'. Look very nice.

Shame Audis don't have it. Just think it's a nice touch

NHN,

its a 09 facelift, I ve looked in Ekta ( inc Vin Number check) and yep it oly shows 1 door handle type, the back of the door handle has the mount for the LED and optic but no cutout for the strip led, ence why Ill just have to go v carefilly with the scalpel :)

Dremel it, best tool in world for that, but I'm not surprised etka has an issue, but where the cutout is mate is there a line of cut as per puddle lights have for cars without the lights, just intrigued more than anything else, gonna check etka again as this seems very strange.

The led strip has a retaining position aswell on the back of the door handle assembly/door card, is this in there aswell?

Yep there is the retaining fittings on the back of the door card plus a cut out line on the back where the led strip goes.

Off dremmeling I go :) Have fun with EkTA, ive spent hours looking

They cant be getting that cheap where they cut it out now, man thats cheap, lol, oh well thats totally bonus for you then mate as cheaper to get the led strip than is for the older way of new handle, good luck mate, nice mod aswell, I like that on the car.

I thought you meant exterior door handles. I've seen BMW 3Series with em'. Look very nice.

Was thinking the exact same thing, saw it on a black 3 series when it was pitch black and they looked very smart glowing white.

They were part of the interior light package on your car. I must admit when I first read the post I though he ment exterior door handles like BMW have.

yeah thats what what i thaught !!!!

yeah they look pretty good i would like the light in white my car has auto lights so when i open the door the back and xenons auto come on for one minute it would be good if all four handles lit up with this it would be a nice touch

Maybe its the angle or image quality, but I think that TT with that colour look bit pants, needs to be very discreet with lesser brightness led's I think otherwise it becomes to cheesy IMHO, good idea & obviously works of the illumination circuit given works with interior lights, wonder if he's wired it so only works at night, interesting....................

They look a bit chavvy in blue but white or red would look fine!

Gregormac,

Any chance of posting some pics of how your doing it. (a bit like a how to guide). I'd like to have ago doing this aswell.

Cheers

True, but think only colour that would look good is a subtle white, the one above is horrible blue & tbh way to bright

yeah id say subtle white to i checked my car and i have the internal lights i dont see the point of them you cant see any light coming onto the handles but when i look undernieth a can see the red strip lit up

i did the outside handles on my corsa, lit up blue just like on the tt, looked pretty chavvy after i did it tbh, would look miles better in white,

i got the led strip from halfords, cost me £5!

I had the handles that lit up on my bmw 3 series m sport (outside) and i loved them, looked classy and not cheap at all however only in white, any other colour would look cheese!
Would be interesting to see whats involved if anyones done it?

im gonna give it a go next month when i enable my lights to come on when i lock/unlock the car i think

the illumination pack (which i went for)

includes the lights in the doors, but only when you open them, so you can look out for puddles etc,

my dad has a 1 series m sport and that has the led lights in the handles on the outside looks like a very good touch

Look like an asteroid getting fecked by the enterprise, okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk