Leak new s3 behind driver seat help

DaveS3Turbo

Sepang Blue S3
Reaction score
Hi all,

Come tonight and there is water on the rear mat and under it is soaked. No water on carpets near door / seat / rear seat. Only under mat and on top.

Cant understand where its come from, anyone had this.

Car is parked on a slight slant. Will dry it out tonight and see if it does it again. Its quite soaked

Dave

No definately not a drink spillage also no sunroof.

Really quite confused by the matter. Puzzled to say the least.

David

Have you used the rear wash wipe system recently?

Incontinence Dave???! :laugh:

Are you 100% sure it's just plain water?

In some of the Leon Mk2's if the bulkhead in the bonnet area got filled up with debris and leaves water would get in behind the dashboard but would inevitably fill the front footwell with water. Others have had issues with water ingress through the window seals but that tends to show with lots if condensation on the interior glass.

Your car seems to young to have any of this.

Have you checked in the boot at all?

I'd get down the stealers ASAP mate.

Incontinence Dave???! :laugh:

lmao made me chuckle this morning.

As Nigel says, I think the water pipe for the rear scoosher runs along under the trim on the drivers side, it might have a hole or a loose connection

Yes Boycie me old cockle, exactly my thoughts, cause cant be much else as only water pipe or anything that side of things is for rear washwipe, doubt any holes underneath given its brand new car, but not beyond possibilities, but rear washer pipe is my idea of reason for water.

Yup, i'd say rear wash wipe pipe could have popped off too. The only other thing that I've seen cause this was on older cars if the membrane behind the door panel is burst or removed the water runs down into the car, not out of the drainage holes at the bottom of the door.

Dave did you find out what problem was mate?

yeah i bin thinking this to id be ****** off what was it ??? baba spilt a drink.... lol you neva no what these buggers do till you find it .... still wana know what up though..

Hi all,

To cut along story short, the leak still persists after 3 dealer visits. Audi Bolton service have been very helpful and have given their best effors to find leak i.e stripping replacing carpet etc. However after 3 goes no joy so the next stage was stripping back as much as possible to shell.

I then got Audi UK involved which have also been VERY helpful etc, the car is to be replaced by them. I will report more once I have the order placed with the local dealer this week. Although the car has been a nightmare for the CS has been great which is what you want really.

I may change colour so what do you guys think of this Sepang blue compared to Imola?

http://www.quattive.com/Quattive/TTRS_gallery/Pages/Sepang_Blue.html
http://4circles.blogspot.com/2009/04/r8-sepang-blue.html
sepang.jpg

David

I can't believe they couldn't find what the cause was! Glad your getting a replacement though.

Blue...

Well they probably would, however having a brand new car stripped is not ideal and the car soon lost its new car smell if you understand. It wasn't a basic S3 either.

I need more opinion on the colours if you can.

David

Dave - What a nightmare mate - sorry to hear this.

Sepang gets a big thumbs up from me though... it's a lovely colour mate.... it's quite like the lambo blue you were originally toying with ;)

Dave - What a nightamrfe mate - soryy to hear this.

Sepang gets a big thumbs up from me though... it's a lovely colour mate.... it's quite like the lambo blue you were originally toying with ;)

Has been quite a nightmate but at least Audi CS are doing the right thing

Thats correct, it is the lambo colour but now also labelled as an Audi colour as seen on the TTRS.

David

Dave, noooooooooooooooo, please stick with your outrageously bright & colourful cars, that blue is nice however its not you, lol.

what was the leek in the end ............. to much beer

Don't know, unresolved.

Still undecided about the colour.

David

Well I'm glad you got it sorted in the end, but the phrase Audi Bolton and helpful are not words I personally use in the same sentance.
They seem to have an abilty to not fix my squeaking windows / door or fix the trim around my seats, and the less said about their ability to deliver a brand new car which was just plain dirty and try to cover up excessive swirls marks and marks in the paint - the better.
Saying that as it not a case of plugging the computer in and sorting it that way - its probably why.

I would be interested in know what the procuedure is for regecting a car.

Richard

Rejecting a car would be a number of issues tbh & constant unresolved issues aswell, this is the only time they will accept the car back as per L60N had with his steering racks etc, swirls etc you can raise with audi uk Mr Hicks as others have got this corrected at Audi UK/dealers cost