My audi S3

Paul_S3

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I would like to introduce myself and my Audi S3.

I'm Paul from Holland and am the owner of an audi S3 from december 2000 which I bought one year ago, totaly stock. the collor is dolfin grey

After I bought it I have changed some things. First I bought some Audi S4 wheels to give it a better look but pretty original. I like the originaal looks. I'm am also a fan of the BBS Le Mans wheels, but I think it a very different look that I have now and I can't choose :p

I upgrades My brakes with perforated disks from Zimmermann and ferodo D perfomance pads. I also painted the brake claws black with an audi logo on it. front and back brakes are upgraded.

I have also placed gauge rings, S3 matts.

The engine is custom tuned by hartog, A well know tuner in holland. When it was tumed, the turbo intake was replaced for a silicone one, the fuel pump, n75, and other hoses were replaced when it was chipped. Results are 264 Hp and 385 Nm. This week i have order some spacers from H&R and at the moment my car is at the paintshop for repainting. All warranty from the dealer, because it was a well know problem with this model that the rooflisting has rust from the inside.

My S3 has A bose sound system, leather recaro's and all the other options, exept an open roof.

For a living I am working at Meguiar's Europe, so you might understand I am crazy about polishing my car:rock:

Sorry if in some cases my english isn't that perfect, but i will try to write things as good as possible.

When I have it back I will post some new pictures with the spacers.

My parents both have an audi A6 2005 (limo en avant) of which I will post a picture too. After I bought mine, he whole family became a fan of audi's :blackrs4:

P1000437-1.jpg

IMG_8130-1.jpg

IMG_8137-1.jpg

IMG_8294-1.jpg

IMG_8349-1.jpg

audis3.jpg

P1000619.jpg

audishoot2.jpg

P1000573.jpg

P1000594.jpg

P1000464.jpg

P1000341.jpg

P1010116.jpg

Lovely looking motor there Paul, I love the subtlety of the S4 rims as they look the same as the S3's but to those in the know it's a nice addition.

Your car is very similar to Mazz (another member of this forum).

Hi Paul, you have good taste my friend.;) What size spacers have you ordered? Couple of pics of mine with 15mm rears, I'm thinking 20mm might look better.

thank you all for the possitive reactions.

Good to see people with a good taste (MAZ) :arco:

I have order 20 mm, because i thing the wheels need that. i have to say that the 15 mm on your looks perfect.

Funny to see an S3 exactly the same.

Nice pics also

Nice car paul s3! :respekt:

Leuk van hier ook nog eens een nederlander op te zien :laugh:

Gorgeous car Paul! and Maz actually!
I always wanted a Dolphin Grey one but ended up with Black

Paul, i'm about to get some 18's for my S3 and had decided on some RS6 replicas but seeing yours I do like how the S4's suit the car!

Maz, where did you get yours from?
I assume they are replicas or are you using some sort of adapter?

What are the wheel spacers for? just to move the wheels out and fill the arches?
I like the idea of that but does it have any affect on the handling, increasing the track like that?
does it put more pressure on the bearings?

Glad you guys like, I got mine from http://www.elitedirect.com/ Yep, they're reps but look good enough not to let that bother me.

Spacers definately help fill those deep S3 arches and the stance is much imroved. I've also noticed a subtle improvement to drive but its difficult to pinpoint having already improved the handling 100%, it just feels a touch better now!!! I only have spacers on the rear at the moment (15mm) as the 10mm for the front didn't fit flush on the hub and they sent me the wrong bolts so I'm thinking of maybe getting 15mm all round instead. As for pressure on the bearings, sure this may increase but by how much I dont know.

It would be interesting to see what the 20mm looks like Paul, make sure yo get some fresh pics up when ready.

The S4's are replica's but very good one's.

Mine are italian one, good quality. You cannot see the difference with orignal one. Real good reps these are.

Quality of the paint is also perfect.

When the spacers are on I will post pics immediately.

Love the S4 wheels, both nice looking cars in here.

Very nice!
Paul are u near Apeldorn? I have family there?

No it's not near apeldoorn, but holland isn't that big, so for most of the people it isn't that far, but we in holland think 100 km is far allready :rock:

Maz, what is the diameter of your endpipes and do you have any HP gain.

Is it a full system or a catback?

I also have one other question. i see many pics of S3's in here with a small black lip underneath the front bumper. What kind of lip is it, because I really like the looks of it.

thanks

The pipes are 90mm (Supersprint Backbox). :uhm:not sure of any hp gain but the exhaust note is much improved.

You mean the Leon Cupra r splitter. I think Animal has one on his car, looks good:thumbsup:.

how is it you have a facelift S3 registered December 2000?
Get your dolphin greys out for the lads! They're all on this page

facelifts started mid 2000 i believe.... then they started kitting them out with BAM engines late 2001.....

weird that its a dolphin grey on dec 2000 as was under impression that these were only available late 2001 too - seem to remember reading that somewhere

OK, They started late X reg, so I suppose it would just maybe fluke in there!
Maybe it's a mineral grey and he dont knows it yet...

if hes had it in the body shop im sure they will have told him, although i think your right given what i have read about it

he guys, the facelift was introduced 10/2000, only interior and exterior.

The other engine with 225 HP came end of 2001.

I thought it was dolphin grey, but if you say minral grey i do believe you immediately.

I have the car back from the body shop, but they delivered a very bad job. And it was an official audi shop. Tomorow I will call them. I am Furious at the moment. It looks like they touched the paint when it was wet and you see a print of it. My fuel cap looks like cardboard, full of ugly spots and one side had a small scratch which was polishable with a machine. it wasn't too deep, but the just spayed it only with blank paint and the scratch is now black and doesn't make the looks better. And because of the blank paint i cannot polish it away anymore. They spayed just a piece of the back and let the pant flow over on the normal paint which was allready on. Af that they fully did the panel with blank paint or is it called transparant paint. i don't know the right english wordt for it.

I'll keep you guys posted.

sorry to hear that Paul, id be extremely ****** off if that happend to me.

ask them when you return it what colour it is or have a look for the paint code in the boot, it could be either dolphin or mineral