A3 1.8 Turbo Electrics Under Stearing Wheel?

DBXdarkangel

Reaction score
PICS BELOW Post

hey guys. whilst cleaning my car today i noticed under the stearing wheel adjuster, there is a white box that looks like some kinda ecu? it has a blue connector that looks like a phone jack. a red, white, yellow phono socket too. i also noticed a small whit cable coming out of it. what is this for?

yeah it could be. the phono sockets look like there red, white for audio and yellow for video. im gonna take a pic to show ya what it looks like later.

btw HTC, who that chick in ur avatar? looks like lisa scott lee?

heres pics and some of my car in case u was wondering

IMG_1064.jpg

IMG_1061.jpg

1.jpg

IMG_1068.jpg

no not that i no of, unless its had a sat nav when it was brand new or something. its only had 2 other owners and the 1 guy owned for most of its life.
was tempted to either connect a lead with a scart on it and connect it to a monitor to see if theres an output or just rag it out. but wanted to check if its there as standard..im confused now..lol

It looks like a 'brain' for a pioneer flip-out screen headunit mate.
Older pioneer stereos had a separate brain unit that controlled all the bits and that looks like an audio and video input for a dvd player etc..
Whip off the lower dash panel and take a look, easy to remove, just a few torx screws hold it in place

Ash

Having a second look im pretty certain its from a Pioneer stereo mate.
the blue connector on the left on the phono inputs connects to the headunit and the blue connector on the right is to connect a CD Changer

I could be wrong but i was in the car audio game for a couple of years and i think im right! lol
What do i win if im right?!?!? lol
:uhm:

i`ll take off the lower trim after work tomo and see what lies beneath. weird how no ones removed it when whatever it was connect to was removed too. the plot thinkens as when i bought the car, it had the original concert head unit in. i`ll see what names and numbers its got on it and if u win then u can remove it as ur prize..lol :beerchug: