Calling DSG TDi drivers .....

sprout99

Reaction score
Please can you do a test for me?

When engine is cold. Start car and put in drive. Keep foot on brake and turn Aircon ON. Please note what the revs do. (this must be done with stone cold engine)

The reason for question. Our car has a cold start compensation prob. With aircon ON car revs hunt up and down between 700 and 900 revs. Aircon OFF - No probs at all. You would expect revs to blip once and than settle after compressor load is added to engine at tick over.

Once engine temp starts to rise (gauge reads) problem goes away.
this is why our car randomly stalls but ......I have had car scanned but no faults are showing.

Please help.

thanks Ian

For £30 I'd be tempted to change the coolant temp sensor. Mine had failed on my 2005 2.0TDi (threw a code though) and it is a known faulty part.

Paul

Well it was giving the ECU an incorrect reading on the operating temp of the Engine, so that could possibly effect the cold running.

Also if I remember when I go home I will try the same test.

Paul

luckily we have warranty until Jan2009 - after your results i'll make an appointment.

not holding much hope but at least it's logged.

ok, just been down to try mine (its sat still in our underground carpark since 7AM this morning) - started it up, put into D, turned aircon on no change in RPM ,turned aircon off, no change, back on, still no change,

No surprise there then, as Sprout's is obviously defective.

yes thanks i kinf of guessed the answer ....but since theres no fault showing it's a bit hard proving it.

Unfortunatley garages rely too heavily on a machine telling them where to look for replacing dodgy bits.

Well at least you can specify how to reproduce the problem. I suspect that they would need to have it overnight though so that they can try it cold in the morning.

Paul

car is booked in next week.

Spoke to one of the technical guys. He's confident that theres a dodgy sensor on the vaccuum side of the fueling. (somewhere on intake system)

It'll be there overnight so they can check engine when warn Tuesday.

Fingers crossed it's a warrnaty item or muggins here has to pay for the diagnosis (£115 !!)

I'll let you lot know the outcomes.

Ian

Fingers crossed it's a warrnaty item or muggins here has to pay for the diagnosis (£115 !!)

£115 for diagnosis is taking the pi$$. Aberdeen Audi charges £55 and I wouldn't expect much variation across the country.

keep us posted i'll be curious to see how you guys get along !!

so far ...not very well.

Firstly Audi couldn't replicate fault. I had to walk to garage to show master tech what was up.

Thay have had car all day and even replicating the problem they cannot find it. Computer says NO !!

Ran a 1552 test on the injectors and nothing showed up. EGR valve is leaking oil but tech reckons thats not affecting the problem but needs changing.

I now have to wait for Audi UK to pass judgment.

I just hope a coutesy car is available - none so far

Ian

The latest

Master tech can get car to show fault but computer still says no.

Auid don't have a clue so I'm getting 2 new boost pipes (suspected leaks) New EGR Valve and a software update !! (that'll be some BHP robbed to try and hide the problem)

Apparently there is a few service bulletins relating to idle speed being too low and egr pressure being too high.

Hopefully car will be ready today

Have you got the car back, any better ... ? mine feels as perfect when pushing it and throwing lots of fuel the right way but soon as i back off idling/ crawling in traffic it all gets a bit lumpy doesn't stall but not as smooth as when im pushing it !!

just got it back today

Apparently new software increases idle from 810 to 830 rpm and lowers the EGR pressure.

Car is ok so far but re-map has gone !!

Bu66er !!

Has it stopped the lump idle ? Is your DSG as jerky ? What about the el edged BHP loss ?

That is in a TSB dated 04-04-06 S/Ware update to 7000 and an idle increase to 830.

Hopefully that should cure it.

Just make sure that any remap is based on the 7000 code, idle will need to be checked that it is 830.

Paul

That is in a TSB dated 04-04-06 S/Ware update to 7000 and an idle increase to 830.

Hopefully that should cure it.

Just make sure that any remap is based on the 7000 code, idle will need to be checked that it is 830.

Paul

yes i had been told that - re-map would be done on new software. However. Car cut out again today. I hope this was a one off.

:sob: