Reaction score
Website
www.mattstevens.co.uk
just thought i'd add a few pics...

Before:
my_a4_01.jpg

my_a4_02.jpg

my_a4_03.jpg

I sourced some late-spec clear corner headlight units from eBay & FK Automotive Konigsport coilovers & had the workshop put on some EBC Red Stuff front pads while they were at it.

I have 19s ready to go on, just need to find the time.

After:
a4_coil_01.jpg

a4_coil_02.jpg

a4_coil_03.jpg

Needed a proper clean really, but u get the idea ;)

cheers,
matt.

:o.k: nice! How much for the new headlights if you dont mind me asking? And what 19's have you got?

Nice car buddy, love the drop! What wheels you gone for? The orange corners annoy the hell out of me!! wish there was an easy solution??

I had one of those; they are great cars; Even though I had an S4 and an RS4 I think the sline SE is about the best overall value car I had (got 10% discount too!)
Looks great!

:o.k: nice! How much for the new headlights if you dont mind me asking? And what 19's have you got?

i found the headlights for £80(ish) each... though not from the same eBay seller. I first bought an orange lensed version with the intent to modify it (warm it in the oven, loosen the glass & prise the lens out) but instead decided to hunt down stock late-model units.

talk to any breakers & they may be able to source some for u.

the wheels i've gone for are a pain in the ****! lol but to be fair, i knew they would be... they're ADR M-Sport hyper black with a polished lip. here they are on an A6:

e7a1_12.JPG

and a quick photoshop of them on a black S4:
a4_2.jpg

the reason they're not on the car yet is that the front brake calipers are very big & the shape of the spokes means the wheels won't turn. i bought 5mm spacers but these aren't enough and to clear the caliper, i'd be looking at 10 or 12mm, which would push the wheels out too far (they are et38).

i'm determined to get these on so i'm going to get the calipers ground back by 5mm or so where they stick out at the top and bottom.

once done, the wheels will defo be on & looking pimp lol :)

Disagree. Love both the headlights and the wheels. Have been going through a (massive) selection process on wheels myself, but veered away from black, in case it was just too much...

Lovin it though !

;)

Very Nice. Love the drop, front lights &de-bage. I would have kept the orgianl alloy's (but that's just me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!). One of the nicest B7 A4 I have seen :icon_thumright:

Awesome looking machine...would be happy with either set of wheels

I think i have finally convinced myself to get some shiny door mirrors having seen how good they look on your motor

Love the wheels and the drop, just had a question on the Red Stuff pads - I've been looking at Green, Red and Yellow Stuff and all seem to have various things going for them. Was thinking about Green Stuff as I'm after more bite in the braking and resistance to fade less of an issue (well has been to date, obviously not trying hard enough). Any pointers on which EBC pad to use?

Where the original alloys DTM ones? And what size are they and do you still have them and want to get rid of them?

Loving the look BTW.

Cheers for your comments, guys. However, the 19" wheels are up for sale on eBay... I couldn't bring myself to grind the calipers :(

Hopefully someone with a B6 or something will give them a good home.... here's the link:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=140239998867

Such a shame, as they would have looked sweet. Oh well - you live & learn!

@ Marc1: yeah, the guy who bought the car new chose the DTM wheels. They're 8x18s - if I sort out some 19s, I may put them up for sale - I'll let you know...

@ chrisru: the red stuff pads are great - though I have no experience of the other EBC pads. The main thing is that the ceramic compound doesn't squeal like a bitch every time you roll up to a set of traffic lights, like the OEM semi-metallic pads.

Right... I'm now running 8.5x19" BBS LM replicas (ET45), 225/35/19 tyres and 17.5mm spacers which I had imported from ECS Tuning in the US (www.ecstuning.com).

Which means my silver multispoke 8x18" DTM/Special Edition alloys you can see on my car in the first pics are going to be up for sale.

I'll post a link to the eBay item once they're online & I'll also post up pics of my car as it is now for good measure :)

excuse the crap pics - i rushed them coz the light was going & i couldn't find part of my tripod [rolleyes]

8.5x19" BB5 LM reps & 225/35 tyres, plus the Seat Leon Cupra R splitter:

pic01.jpg

pic02.jpg

pic03.jpg

pic04.jpg

pic05.jpg

pic06.jpg

pic07.jpg

pic08.jpg

RS4 pedals & RNS-E:

pic09.jpg

pic10.jpg

I need to tighten the screws on the splitter & also put the ones in for the centre struts, but it looks ok from most angles at the mo. i may even buy another one from the local Seat dealer as i trimmed a touch too much off the centre struts.

The car's almost finished i think for now... maybe an exhaust to replace the anodised black special edition one, but otherwise i'm very happy!

Looking really good now, I love the rear 3/4 view pic :icon_thumright: - the line of that rear wheel arch over the top of the tyre..... :o.k:

Yeah,those wheels are much better imho. Loving the cupra splitter also. Really need to sort myself an rns-e system out..

Ultramodz,

I've got exactly the same and I would like to lower it a bit. How do you find the Konigsport coil overs? Do they give an even harder ride?

Thanks,

Steve

Loved this so much I bought the wheels.. Great job it now requires nothing else it's just perfect. I have the same car and model only in Mauritius Blue and have just bought coilovers.. can you please tell me how the rear spring adjuster goes together, the front is a doddle but having a bit of trouble with the back.
Again, what a fabulous example
Scotty

Loved this so much I bought the wheels.. Great job it now requires nothing else it's just perfect. I have the same car and model only in Mauritius Blue and have just bought coilovers.. can you please tell me how the rear spring adjuster goes together, the front is a doddle but having a bit of trouble with the back.
Again, what a fabulous example
Scotty

cheers! yeah i'm really pleased with it all - i've since put some longer screws in the middle struts of the splitter & tightened all the others so it sits like an OEM part now.

i got a garage to fit the suspension & clear corner headlights at the same time... cost £££ but i don't have the facilities to do it myself!

the konigsport coilovers are wicked - though a little bit firm for some - my female friend said it made her boobs hurt when i drove down to brighton... hehe

just spotted this thread!

Looks fantastic! exactly what i want to do!