Beenie

Reaction score
I'm over the moon at the moment! :yahoo:

I've gone and got a:
2001 51 plate audi S3
Silver
18" rs4 style alloys
privacy glass
full black leather recaros (heated aswell)
parking sensors
Sat nav
Bose stereo
cd changer
Sunroof
some sort of cone filter
baileys dump valve
remapped to 297bhp

happy days :jump:

some pics for you

dsc00807ec3.jpg

dsc00809kr2.jpg

dsc00810ax4.jpg

what do ya reckon?

Looks good, probs be around 280BHP if its a BAM wont it?

Got a rolling road print out of 297, could be flywheel though! it doesn't say, but I like saying 300bhp lol

oh and it's not a BAM I think it's an ARK or something, 210 originally anyway.

Meh, you would think I would know after seeing S3 after S3 going onto the rollers at Awesome last month but you get bored of the things after the 5th one

Meh, you would think I would know after seeing S3 after S3 going onto the rollers at Awesome last month but you get bored of the things after the 5th one

ha ha - tell me about it. Think mine made something like 260bhp at the wheels.

Not if you are reffering to Awesomes rolling road, which is well known to over read.

Get an S3 on a Dyno Dynamics in shoot out mode and then we'll be taking accurate figures.

Unless you are absolutely at the unsafe end of pressure and flow of the K04 will you get 280Bhp, and that'll be the injectors at full duty cycle too.

265 is about the average remap figure for an S3, and 270 is very good.

Those are flywheel figures by the way, the actuial power to the wheels will be a lot less due to transmission losses.

Beenie,

Nice options. Someone saw the spec sheet, and ticked every box!!

What did you pay for it? and what mileage has it done?

Cheers,

Beenie,

Nice options. Someone saw the spec sheet, and ticked every box!!

What did you pay for it? and what mileage has it done?

Cheers,

thanks mate, paid 8k for it in the end with my old astra as a trade in which I got a grand for so over all price was 9000.
Its done 70k miles which is about average mileage I think.

Not if you are reffering to Awesomes rolling road, which is well known to over read.

I don't know what Awesomes rollers are usually like , but i think they were pretty good at the RR day!

I don't really know how the 8L lads got on , but for the 8P lads it seemed kosher.

The 2 std S3's made more than book , the 2 remapped cars made what the tuners claim ( apart from the GIAC hammer map that made less than claimed ) and the std 3.2 made bang on the money?

Running order

Std, mapped, std , mapped , 3.2 , then later a std car got mapped and ran the same as the other mapped cars! so unless there was some skullduggery going on the rollers seemed ok:icon_thumright:

Thanks

p

Thanks mate, just can't wait to go and collect it, it's in a body shop at the moment having some little car park dings knocked out. It'll be worth the wait though.

The 2 std S3's made more than book , the 2 remapped cars made what the tuners claim ( apart from the GIAC hammer map that made less than claimed ) and the std 3.2 made bang on the money?

Thats the problem, I'm sure a lot of people on these forums have attended many RR days and rarely do even brand new cars make book figures on accurate rollers.

Standard cars being over and Remapped cars making remaper claims is fair enough, it shows that the rollers are consistent.

However, people who have run cars on various sets of rollers always seem to see that certain rollers have differing figures, and Awesome are well known for slightly over-reading. Standard cars reading standard figures would certainly indicate something amiss, as standard cars normally all produce lower than expected figures.

About the only accurate, consistent RR you can rely on is Dyno Dynamics shoot out mode. This is because Dyno Dynamics make pretty much the best rollers available and the shoot out mode takes away operator error. It also means there is a baseline between all DD rolling roads wherever they are located. There are lots of little tricks operators can do to show higher figures, and DD is the only RR where that is eliminated.

I dont think Paramount have the graphs online, but go and look at JKMs website with their figures, you'll see a lot of cars you'd expect to be producing 280Bhp if you believe the remappers(say Leon Cupra R's with remaps for example) actually producing mid 240s.

I'm not aiming this post at you directly, I'm just saying its known within the circles that Awesomes rollers always read higher than say, Stealths for example, and that neither are incredibly accurate.

Totally agree about DD rollers being the accurate roller, and i except that Awesomes RR may not be!

I'm only talking about the RR day , and on that day with the 8P's that run i think they were near enough right , coz all the cars would of over read and they didn't?

Even when the other std S3 had the APR map put on his car ( at the request of some APR dude coz he couldn't understand if the std cars were over reading or the mapped cars were under reading ) it ran the same as the other two mapped car with the APR map on?

Thanks anyway mate.

p

nice car mate...good find....did you check the rear for accident damage? not wanting to be a stick in the mud...the badges are in totally the wrong place.... could just have been debadged at some point

Yea it was all checked fully, girlfriend works for the police so was do 10x better than any check you can buy lol

yea I did notice the badges, but thats just an excuse to buy some new shiney ones and locate them properly :D

Hi Mate the car looks very good, i know you said ur missus works for the Police, but did you get a HPI Check done on it??

What year/reg is it and have you got any history with it??

Hi Mate, seems like you got a BIG BANG for your BUCK. I've been looking on piston heads and auto trader everyday for a spec like yours minus the tinits & remap and they are area all going for way over 10k and thats private! How did you find yours? Am i lookingin the wrong places?

do you mean bought it? I got it from a garage in hitchin, hertfordshire

No lol, it was just a tounge in cheek comment about you telling everyone you had 'brought' an S3

Hi Mate the car looks very good, i know you said ur missus works for the Police, but did you get a HPI Check done on it??

What year/reg is it and have you got any history with it??

Yea had a HPI check done, all came back good. Just to be on the safe side, you can never trust women lol

Hi Mate, seems like you got a BIG BANG for your BUCK. I've been looking on piston heads and auto trader everyday for a spec like yours minus the tinits & remap and they are area all going for way over 10k and thats private! How did you find yours? Am i lookingin the wrong places?

TBH mate, it was an advert with no picture on auto trader, I wasn't interested but my old man said it was only 3 miles from our house so it might be worth a look, I had looked at about 10 different S3's but this one ticked all the right boxes for me. I'm happy and it'll be ready to collect a week friday! can't wait!

Looks nice mate. I paid £6500 for mine on a 2001 plate with 104k and fash so I guess you did ok for your money