is a chip advisable on a 140 TDI

AudiLad

Reaction score
Would this be advisable,can they do any damage?,anyone had this done on the same engine?,what results can i expect with an average priced chip? tar

chip - where from? whos?

A remap would be the most adviseable - people on the mainland seem to rave about bluefin so i would look there.

this topic has been covered quite a lot so do a quick search of the A3 forum

I would def give a thumbs up to a remap for the 140bhp 2.0 TDI engine :icon_thumright:

I had it done to my previous MK5 golf, the difference it made was huge, without harming the MPG either

I had it done to my previous MK5 golf, the difference it made was huge, without harming the MPG either[/quote]
like the sound of that :),just wish i had an unlimited bank balance to do all this straight away lol

I have bluefin on my 140TDI, certainly makes it a little quicker through the gears. helps with overtaking too. 14K covered so far with no issues or problems at all.

no, most are just remaps, chipping was the old days when you had to take the ECU apart. I'd also vote for bluefin although I would also consider the custome code offer if its still being offered. I did find with my GOlf the clutch was starting to slip after 25k with bluefin - the car had covered 53k when sold but I think that was something to do with the clutch as I had always found it heavy. On my FOcus which had bluefin that ran for 50k + and had zero issues.