Here is my RS4

klauster

Reaction score
Woke up this morning to blue skies, so decided to give it a clean and take some pics. First black car I have had, and washing is a pain but the results are worth it I think.

Comments welcome, im not sure about the tints (came with them) and they are quality aftermarket ones, so I could remove them.

Anyone with a black car and into detailing, tips welcomed regarding products and cleaning techniques please...

;)

Jealous!!

Nah seriously, that is one damn fine looking motor mate

One day...:ermm:

Looks lovely, black cars are so hard to keep clean, but, they do look lovely once cleaned up properly (for about 5 mins til your drive it again!):)

A tip for black paint work is use the Zaino paint sealant system, its quite a lengthy process initially, but once done, dirty doesnt stick so much & the shine lasts for ever.
Other wise the 2 bucket method & a few wool wash mitts will help, 1 for the top, 1 for the lower half, & 1 for the wheels.

Mint. You lucky lucky ******.:icon_thumright: Not big on the tints though. IMHO if going with tints i think it should be the legal tint that allows for a consistent look from the A piller back. I think the total black from B piller back and nothing on the front somehow takes a way the look.

****** nice though. :hubbahubba:

markwiggy said:
Lush !!

whats the fuel consumption like ?

Mark

there scary thing is that its on a par with my old S3, im getting 250 out of a tank driving around fast B roads, and on the motorway 350 ish

Well happy with it to be honest :icon_thumright:

Very nice, one day............:icon_thumright:

N8KOW said:
Gorgeous, changed those horrible orange indicator bulbs :keule:

I have an order of things i will be doing, its on the list...

Not modifying it tho...

I like it......a lot, how does it compare to your S3?

Good man, its a goo £6 well spent! lol. Is it fast?? My cousin test drove one and was abit disappointed with the performance...

Oli.H said:
I like it......a lot, how does it compare to your S3?

The S3 is a great car, mine was mapped so was fairly rapid. Even after the map the power delivery did suffer from abit of lag at low revs, still driven right it was quick :icon_thumright:

The RS4 is completely different power wise, tonnes of it, tonnes of torque, and a very tasty power surge at 5k. Its quick!

Its only probably a smidge quicker than my mapped S3 but the package as a whole is just ALOT better, I think it looks nicer, i love the styling (need to sort out the tints) brakes are better and soundtrack is ACE :cool:

N8KOW said:
Good man, its a goo £6 well spent! lol. Is it fast?? My cousin test drove one and was abit disappointed with the performance...

hmmm it depends what your looking for, I prefer the power delivery in the RS4 to the turbo power in my S3.

The RS4 is quick, its just very hard to tell how fast your going... first few times i joined the A1 from a slip road I had to touch the brakes cos I thought I was going 70-80 and i wasnt :faint:

Obviously it aint to everyones taste...

klauster said:
The RS4 is quick, its just very hard to tell how fast your going

You should try a mapped 335D, it just does everything at so little effort, or noise!!!, obviously not an RS4 by any standard , but ****** quick all the same- I did test drive one before the 335D, but just wasnt overly animated by the interior, and at the time didnt know whether I could live with sub 20 mpg - However things are different now, and an RS4 is still on my wishlist.......lets get the S3 out the way first, we're planning another child next year, so and RS4 avant it may be with 3 kids!!!!

I'd prefer it to my S3 everytime,very nice mate and yes you have to watch out because it is smooth and very very fast (drove one so not guessing)
Do you press the sports button?

klauster said:
The S3 is a great car, mine was mapped so was fairly rapid. Even after the map the power delivery did suffer from abit of lag at low revs, still driven right it was quick :icon_thumright:

The RS4 is completely different power wise, tonnes of it, tonnes of torque, and a very tasty power surge at 5k. Its quick!

Its only probably a smidge quicker than my mapped S3 but the package as a whole is just ALOT better, I think it looks nicer, i love the styling (need to sort out the tints) brakes are better and soundtrack is ACE :cool:

Very nice Klauster. Very nice indeed. You'll find that as you get used to the speed and power the difference between it and your old S3 is much bigger that it seems at first. I didn't think there was much in it between mine and my old 8L S3 (330+bhp), but now I know the RS4 would leave it well behind.

A lot of us have removed/blocked the vacuum pipe on the exhaust valves. It give a slight bit of extra torque (minimal), smooths things out at low rpm, and give a much better noise.

Enjoy!

ChriS3 said:
Unfortunately there's orange in the lenses too. Its a bigger job than just replacing bulbs. Audi put clears in from the 07 models onwards.

thanks for that, and thanks for the comments :)

I will have a look into it

klauster said:
hmmm it depends what your looking for, I prefer the power delivery in the RS4 to the turbo power in my S3.

The RS4 is quick, its just very hard to tell how fast your going... first few times i joined the A1 from a slip road I had to touch the brakes cos I thought I was going 70-80 and i wasnt :faint:

Obviously it aint to everyones taste...

lol. He just felt for £60k it was alot of money for the car, think he test drove the converts. That was at the time the quickest car he had been in. He told me he expected more. I like the RS4, saw one today, love the wide arches. Spacers/Lowered would look amazing..but you're not modding so :sorry:

Very very nice car - maybe I'll be able to afford one when I retire - here's hoping!

awesome ride dude.
btw. careful taking pics of a dark / black car... its very easy to overexpose them.

Oh my dream car.... I agree a pain to wash black cars but the rewards are there in abundance. I spent most of my day washing mine (pearl black B6 190 Sport) no comparison to yours but she's my beauty and looked good in a fresh coat of Chemical Guys 50/50 wax. Washed car using maxi suds II

klauster said:
there scary thing is that its on a par with my old S3, im getting 250 out of a tank driving around fast B roads, and on the motorway 350 ish

Well happy with it to be honest :icon_thumright:

Blimey, thats amazing i only got 260 out of my last tankful of V-Power.

Thanks Klauster, stunning car may well consider one myself seeing as the mpg is not so bad.

Mark

markwiggy said:
Blimey, thats amazing i only got 260 out of my last tankful of V-Power.

Thanks Klauster, stunning car may well consider one myself seeing as the mpg is not so bad.

Mark

Mine's currently sat on 18.9mpg. 8500 miles since new and I haven't reset it yet. Not too bad considering my drive to work is all B-roads and full throttle.

stan said:
A tip for black paint work is use the Zaino paint sealant system, its quite a lengthy process initially, but once done, dirty doesnt stick so much & the shine lasts for ever.
Other wise the 2 bucket method & a few wool wash mitts will help, 1 for the top, 1 for the lower half, & 1 for the wheels.

Zaino is brilliant on black. Here a pic if it on my solid black S3, loving black RS4's. If i had one it would be washed twice daily lol.
DSC02680b.jpg

leecs3 said:
Zaino is brilliant on black. Here a pic if it on my solid black S3, loving black RS4's. If i had one it would be washed twice daily lol.

cool, thanks for that, I will see about getting hold of the kit

ChriS3 said:
Mine's currently sat on 18.9mpg. 8500 miles since new and I haven't reset it yet. Not too bad considering my drive to work is all B-roads and full throttle.

Is the tank in the RS4/A4 not bigger than the S3?

My dads 1.9 TDI A4 seems to put much more in than mine at a fil up...

From empty (very, very empty) the RS4 tank is 62ltrs. Most fill-ups are about 58ltrs. Not sure how that compares as I've never had to fill an 8L.

Its 55litres on the 8P S3 which I'm running now so holds a little less than the RS4.